7033 Dump

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Could one of the senior forum members please look this over and let me know if it's a good "dump"? Thanks!

I've been racking my brains on this one, but the "system.tgz" seems too big to me. Maybe there's a better way of pulling a dump off this thing?LOL (ADB - "dd" commands is all I could come up with on my own.) I did take a good look at the "root_restore.bat" that Traveller1701 built. Thanks! Also, Vampirefo and Folken have been working on the MID7035. Thanks for your helpful insight, knowledge, and research on that beast.(another "ODD" ball MID)

Coby KYROS MID7033 stock rom dump - (Rooted, but USB debugging drops on every boot/reboot) Link: MID7033_dump <<< (This was only made possible with Vampirefo's time, guidance, and patient efforts. Thanks again!)

Hopefully this will help others.(warm smilz)
Best regards,

Todd Sylvia

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, what's up with Coby? The site must be going through some changes.(Link falls on a COBY landing page only.) Hopefully, Gordon Brothers will restructure and get the business back on track. Hopefully they'll assemble some devices here in the U.S.A., and put some more folks into a job!(warm smilz)
Alright, thanks and have a good one!

Last edited:

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Hey thanks for your quick response and having a look at that attempted mid7033 dump!(warm smilz) I get a chance in the next few days, I'll have another go at it. (Another session of "Fight the urge to sleep!")LOL So if I pull another system,(a good one, using your code) is it possible to just add the existing/good "recovery.img, boot.img, and bootloader.img" with the newly pulled system?(if I can get a GOOD system dump) I'll use your code from your (above) post. Thanks for leading me to where I need to go on this!
Have a good one!
Regards,

Todd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I have to agree, COBY's remaining assets (along with all the warranty returned items) are/have been sold off to the highest bidders. Kind of sad to see. But I think there will still always be some decent quality Chinese made tablets flooding the US market.(smilz)