Requesting Firmware Dumps from Coby Generation 3 Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavenfradejas

Dec 28, 2012
Anyone can confirm if my dump file for MID1045 is good. If it is, I request to please add this on the development sticky for the list of dump files available so it can be used for development for this device. Thank you. Happy new year to everyone.

Feb 10, 2013
Hi steev.... I done flashing my custom to my device and it runs so smooth but the wifi wont work for me.... what should i do?? thanks

eterpay

Feb 28, 2013
hi guys, I'm new here and this is exactly the thread that I'm looking for. Where are the download links for the coby_7042_4.0.3_dual_ts.zip image? I have a 7042-4 that's getting wonky with the touchscreen and I'd like to try and solve it with software before cracking the case open.

Also, if the new image doesn't fix the touchscreen not working (it'll work in the upper left corner of the tablet, no matter what orientation the device is in), would you guys mind not biting my head off about searching for a solution and point me to one? I've been searching since last night and this is the best thread that I've found.

Thanks in advance!

-eterpay

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-3/48431-livesuite-obsolete.html

You need to look around a bit more, but in short, the link I point you to above has the answer to your question. In essence, there are no links to LiveSuite or LiveSuite ROMs available on the Generation 3 forums. Based upon your thread in the main Generation 3 forum, it wouldn't help anyway. Yours is a hardware issue, not software.

Last edited:

dinagop

Mar 7, 2013
I bought myself a coby 7035-4 For my birthday a year ago! Nothing but headaches and sleep deprivation with all the complete screw ups Coby did to these tablets! Thank you all for making my birthday 100x happier this year. The knowledge I've added on from this forum made me a happy droidette!

toronado13

Mar 11, 2013
I looked through this thread but couldn't seem to find the download link for coby_9742_4.0.3.zip... can anyone post a download link?

toronado13

Mar 11, 2013

Oh I see...

What options might I have? I have a MID9742 that was rooted, I clicked unroot in z4root, and after reboot it just hangs on the Android Screen. I can boot into my recovery, however, it's the stock recovery. Running a factory reset from the recovery does nothing for me. I was hoping to find a stock rom to flash from recovery but that doesn't seem possible... I'm stuck with a bricked tablet and I don't know what I can do with it...

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The entire reason the LiveSuite ROMs were yanked was that they were never updated when Coby changed the hardware inside the tablets. Thus tablets were being rendered non-functional using them. If you attempted to install a LiveSuite ROM, you too would be having the same issue. One of the things we pretty much demand of our readers on this forum is to make sure a proper system dump is made before you begin. This is because we have a means of restoring a tablet to operating condition assuming ClockworkMod is installed and a system dump is available.

Unfortunately for you, given how you rooted, it's unlikely you made a system dump. Even if you had, there's no ClockworkMod on your tablet, and thus, no way to restore your tablet. Your only real option is to go to where you got the tablet from and have it exchanged for a working unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.