8" Freescale IMX515 'Apad' - Shops

droid2010

Aug 12, 2010
it is so difficult to find a reliable online store especially in China, Pandawill is the only one i had some happy shopping experiences. Why not collect some topics and unveil cheating sellers here?
________
Weed Vaporizers

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i just received on of these similar specs as above - 8 inch Froyo freescale A8 from pandawill - unfortunately it is very very poor - the screen is very unresponsive, takes a few firm presses to select something, although scrolling is fine, very buggy - adding shortcuts crashes the launcher, no android market, no native gmail, market, youtube app - going to youtube page shows you the videos but you can't play any of them, the keyboard is horribly misaligned, every press results in two letters being displayed, everytime i press the backspace, it selects the letter L instead. Battery life is horrendous -2.5 to 3 hours only, <4 hours standby, the screen does not completely turn off even if its been sitting idel for a while, the text looks crappy, comes with a proprietary power connector so you need this to charge, can't use USB to charge, can't connect to pc via usb, must use the SD card to transfer files, comes with skype which works on chat only

as for pandawill - i don't have a good experience, i first confirmed they were in stock before i ordered as i needed them mid december for xmas presents - after i ordered they suddenly changed thier tune, item is delayed, cannot give me an ETA, so i went to paypal and filed a complaint - suddenly the items were in stock - but unfortunately they sent me crap parts - i ordered a gpad 7 inch that came in DOA, the 8 inch as described above, a cell phone i ordered did not come with US maps as i specifically requested and reminded them, plus it does not work with ATT sim card as they indicated and all three items came with the wrong power supply (chinese connectors not US). the 7 inch case i ordered was loose and would not secure the 7 inch properly, in fact if you hold it upright, the 7 inch would have slid right off. so of all the items i ordered, the only thing they get right was a pack of screen protectors. I sent a follow up complaint to pandawill and paypal as i am out a good chunk of money with useless/unusable devices i can't give as christmas presents. i'll keep you posted if panda will honor thier commitment or not.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
There are TWO main variants on the market right now.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ween-herotab-m802-apad-imx515-fs-805t-a8.html

Like I said elsewhere, there are different factories building this. Return rates are very high. The product itself isn't unusable, the ones that are poorly put together (applies to both variants) are terrible, especially the first hundred or so out of any factory. The product was launched somewhere around November, so the ones you are getting now are only the first batches. First batch shanzhai products tend to be a little on the buggy side of things. Most dropshippers and sellers do not take this into account and ship you the damn thing anyway. That's how they keep their prices so low. This is more of a 'fact of the industry', more than 'they are trying to cheat you' situation.

panda^_^

Dec 10, 2010
Hi AnimaTechnica,

Im sorry to know your comments on pandawill.

Please check our forum here: A8 Pad (android 2.2) - MID/Tablet PC - Pandawill Forum Powered by our member! - Powered by Discuz! , you can find solution for most problem of A8.

Did you check if there are chargers sent with the device you ordered? if not, you can contact our CS for that.

The daily production volume of our first A8 supplier cannot meet the demand of our customers, it leads that some orders been delayed (we already get a new supplier now). So we tell it in stock but cannot send it for a period.

We will try our best to help you for the problems.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
thanks for the link panda but it is currently broken - but i've been to the panda site before and it confirms what I've beens saying about the poor quality - a lot of the 'fixes' require taking A8 apart, resetting the screen and mentions inherently poor design

and your question about whether i checked the chargers - all i can say is DUH

and to your comment "So we tell it in stock but cannot send it for a period"

if it is not in your inventory it usually means it is not in stock

Hi AnimaTechnica,

Im sorry to know your comments on pandawill.

Please check our forum here: A8 Pad (android 2.2) - MID/Tablet PC - Pandawill Forum Powered by our member! - Powered by Discuz! , you can find solution for most problem of A8.

Did you check if there are chargers sent with the device you ordered? if not, you can contact our CS for that.

The daily production volume of our first A8 supplier cannot meet the demand of our customers, it leads that some orders been delayed (we already get a new supplier now). So we tell it in stock but cannot send it for a period.

We will try our best to help you for the problems.

Last edited:

bigblue206

Dec 2, 2010
I purchased the FS-805T A8 from **********.com. It was crap. The screen was very unresponsive, there were issues with the charging, it shut off on me randomly and it wouldn't turn on sometimes unless I had it plugged in. It doens't come with the Android Market and the app store that it comes with was terrible. The website itself was pretty good. They agreed to take it back and they issued me a refund minus their shipping charge which was $14.00. It was a little bit of a hassle to get the money back but they eventually agreed.