Android 2.2 aPad-MID-8" Rockchips Freescale A8 Processor -DinoDirect.com - Any good?

slim_2

Feb 5, 2011
I'm new to everything Android. I just received an aPad from "www.dinodirect.com"

Android 2.2 Tablet PC-aPad-MID-8"TFT Touch Screen-Rockchips Freescale A8 Processor-800MHZ-4G-ARM-DDR2 512MB 11-Wifi-3D Game

Link: Android 2.2 Tablet PC-aPad-MID-8"TFT Touch Screen-Rockchips Freescale A8 Processor-800MHZ-4G-ARM-DDR2 512MB 11-Wifi-3D Game - DinoDirect.com

I've used it for a few hours now. So far so good. There were a few problems at first but were resolved.

1. Power adapter is the 2-pin for Europe. I live in the U.S. So I had to order an adapter converter.

2. Once I got it to power up, the touch screen didn't work. No response to touch or stylus pen. I read a post somewhere online saying that the touch screen will become responsive if you plug a USB mouse into the aPad by using the "USB to 30 pin" adapter that's included. I tried it and it worked!!

3. Now that I have a responsive aPad I wanted to connect it to WiFi. First time I enable WiFi, it was able to detect my WiFi but froze!! I saw a small hole near the 30-pin power outlet and stuck a pin into the hole and it reset. Tried to connect to WiFi again but it said it was unable to detect any WiFi. WTF!! I reset it AGAIN.

4. After two resets everything is working now. Let's hope it stays that way :).

Does anyone else have this device? Have any other issues? What do you think of it?

crazyyen

Jan 27, 2011
It looks this same as my apad a8 wfi always been alittle funny after a flash or a rest 1 or 2 boots it fine :D

I love my table it so good and fast ive not had any problems as of yet everything working super and im pleased to say mine worked out the box

So welcome to the freescale club

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
There is varying build quality, so you might have gotten a dud :(

slim_2

Feb 5, 2011
After about a week of using this Android Tablet, the damn thing doesn't charge anymore.
These are poor quality tablets. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
Don't buy these cheap tablets from China. Save your $$$.

Sahil1210

Sep 1, 2011
Hello guys i m using Android Apad 2.2 it got freeze at Android animation when it boots dere is something written below its Android OS 2.2 Kernel 2.6.32 Build Number V 1.2.3...i need the help to get rid of it can anyone tell me wat to do now?
Please help me out..