9 Inch Folio Leather Case Cover For Lenovo LePAD A2109 Tablet PC

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Dear arbarnhart,
Yes the issue occurs in the 'landscape' mode, at least for me...I prefer that mode, very seldom do I ever use the 'portrait' mode. Did the double sided tape stick securely to the 'fuzzy' side of the case ?
Thanks,
David

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Dear arbarnhart,
Yes the issue occurs in the 'landscape' mode, at least for me...I prefer that mode, very seldom do I ever use the 'portrait' mode. Did the double sided tape stick securely to the 'fuzzy' side of the case ?
Thanks,
David

Yes. I used some that was a little wider that "standard" Scotch tape and went all the way across the flap, so there is a fair amount of surface area. So even if it isn't sticking all that well to the fuzzy side, there is enough of it to make up for that. It sticks well enough that it required a fair amount of "persuasion" to get it to purposefully creep a tiny bit so the camera was centered. It has not moved since. I also generally prefer landscape but a few apps force portrait and a few websites I prefer to read that way.

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
arbarnhart,
I was just sitting here thinking about what else I could try..then the idea came to me, I could try taking some sandpaper and 'remove' the fuzz..get the cover down to a surface that I think something would actually stick to. It's not like anyone would see it anyway!
David :)

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Actually, a tangent on your idea of gluing it might be better. Just smear a little glue and keep it propped open to let it dry without sticking to anything. The surface it leaves will be harder and easier to stick things to. IMO, the tape is far less trouble, but I had it handy...

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
arbarnhart,
I already have some double sided tape available..it sure won't hurt to try that first, also have both gorilla glue & super glue.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
arbarnhart,
I already have some double sided tape available..it sure won't hurt to try that first, also have both gorilla glue & super glue.

DO NOT USE Gorilla Glue. If you try to use it as a surface treatment, it will foam and dry like a plastic marshmallow.

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
arbarnhart,
Thanks for the advice...I guess I thought it worked 'miracles' ha ha . :eek:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Hi,
I also ordered the same case as FloRider did, overall..the case seems to be satisfactory for me. I also have the same issue of the tablet sliding downward while in the vertical position. I've already tried the 'velcro dot's' solution, while one part of the dot assy. stuck well (the part that sticks to the smooth surface of the flap), the other part failed to stick at all to the 'fuzzy' side. I guess I could try glueing the problem piece, but really don't want to. Has anyone else had the same problem, and if so..how did you correct it.
D

Same problem here. I don't use my case enough to worry about it yet.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
My idea for sealing the flap only works well if you treat the case as a skin. I won't remove the tablet from it unless it has a problem that requires me to get under the hatch or send it in for service. My last "tablet" - a Cruz Android eReader - stayed in the case from the time I got the case until I sold it 2 years later. I did not use a screen protector, but it was in perfect shape. I always close the flap when I am not using the tablet, even if walking away for a couple of minutes. It's a habit I have forced on myself to help ensure I have a device I can depend on.

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Hello All,
I'm a happy camper now..I just used some 'super glue' on all 4 pc's of the velco ( 2 hook's/2 loop's ), I let it setup overnite. All piece's seem to be attached securely, now when my A2109 is in the landscape/vertical position..no more sliding down ! Yeah :)
David

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013

Well, that and check out the rating below. Why the heck did this person rate it 3 of 5 stars? They try to be nice about it but list a number of deal killers (IMO). As noted before, I am a full time case user so not having the cut outs was about as far as it took to lose me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but not for Lenovo A2109 December 30, 2012
By CW4AVRET
Color Name:MAGENTA, GRAY
This case was given to me as a gift for my Lenovo IdeaPad A2109 (9") tablet. For a tablet case, the make of this product is ok. The hand strap is a very nice feature, especially for the sharp edges of the A2109. This case, however, is not made for the A2109. There are no cut outs for the rear camera and speakers but this shortcoming can be overlook. However, the way the tablet is held in the case cannot be overlooked. The tablet is held in by 4 stretch straps that go around each corner of the tablet. The primary concern is that one of the straps falls right across the power button a continuously depresses it. The same strap covers the headphone port. On the opposite end the strap falls across the micro HDMI port. Although not tested, I would guess that the straps will loose their support over time and the table will come loose. I would not recommend this product for the Lenovo IdeaPad A2109 (9") tablet.