rooCASE Multi-Angle (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover for Acer Iconia Tab A500 10.1-In

biogon

Aug 4, 2011
Yep... same guy.

I asked him to ship it overnight when it finally came in (I wanted the case to carry it on the plane with me, but it shipped way too late) but he said they couldn't.

Oh well. I hope the case is good.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
What I don't like about this PC-Micro fiasco is they told Amazon that it had been shipped, and then told ME that regardless of what Amazon said it HADN'T been shipped.

They did this just to protect their promptness reputation with Amazon. This is double dealing if you ask me. And it should be reported to Amazon.

I have no problem with a company getting back logged due to excessive demand. But lying about it is a bit over the top.

I will be reporting this to Amazon, in spite of the free shipping I'm supposed to be getting, because Amazon needs to know that their merchant isn't totally playing by the rules.

biogon

Aug 4, 2011
I agree -- they filled out a USPS shipping notice on the 3rd to preserve their "shipped on" date, but never actually put it in the mail until the 9th.

I will also be filing a complaint with Amazon.

I'm sorry, but free priority shipping is not enough to compensate me for false statements, and should not be enough to justify Amazon's not knowing about these things.

I would have been fine if they had updated their stock notice to reflect the fact that they didn't have it in stock. I would even have been fine with them not marking it shipped with Amazon.

Don't lie about it though.

-j

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
I don't know Amazon rules but as a Top Rated Seller on eBay, myself. I do know that if there are enough Negative Feedbacks and Buyer Disputes thru eBay then the seller will be either suspended with all listings removed or no suspension just banned from eBay. You should also file a claim thru PayPal. The customer almost always wins the dispute!

You must have enough items in stock and ready for shipment at all times.

Now I also understand that occasionally an item can go out of stock from the manufacturer or your wholesale source or possibly you have it in stock and it's defective. But it's the responsibility of the seller to immediately remove the listing for that item. I can see one slipping thru before you catch it but that's it.

kentuckyrandy

Aug 5, 2011
Evidently, they don't have a"real time" inventory system. That leads to taking orders, when you are out of stock, before you can post as no stock. Which then leads to a chain reaction of issues, which their system cant seem to handle with proper notifications. The premature running of ship labels, is meant to preserve their ship performance ratings.

How do i know? i manage an order fulfillment center for ecommerce stores ( not pc micro). i have seen it all. But we offer our clients technology to elliminate these issues. So this is bad performance as a merchant.

My case should be here friday.

Last edited:

kentuckyrandy

Aug 5, 2011
Got mine today,really nice case and worth the wait. The only negative is there is not a closure for the case,so i got a pack of black half inch round velcro (pressure adhesive backed) stick on fastners at walmart. Put the hook piece on the frame that holds the acer and the loop on the flap. Presto! A factory looking closure.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Actually there is a closure, its magnetic, but a little pretty weak.

I like your stick on velcro idea.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
AH-Ratz....

I just noticed that this case does NOT provide for either the Front or Back Microphone!!!

GRRRR.

Nastygram to RooCase in 3, 2, 1

kentuckyrandy

Aug 5, 2011
Icebike, You must have ordered a different roo case then mine. Mine does have both camera cut outs, as well as access to all ports (except memory card). Mine does not have a magnet clasp either. I think you may have got the new "thin" case, mine is the standard. They also have the executive.

Anyway, my velcro works perfect and looks factory.

Randy

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I didn't mention Camera cutouts, (those are fine). Its the built in microphone they forgot.

Also, take a paper clip, run it along the top leather piece (where the Ambiant light sensor) hole is, and you will feel the magnets.
Also along the bottom edge of the flap. Magnets, I tell ya. (Weak ones, but magnets never the less) ;)

The magnets are even mentioned on the roocase page:
http://www.roocase.com/Multi-Angle-...t--Black-ROOCASE/cat-p/c103740/p10518337.html

Last edited:

HD87

May 14, 2011
I pre-ordered mine 2 weeks before it came out, it's great & I recommend it.

HD87

May 14, 2011
Icebike, You must have ordered a different roo case then mine. Mine does have both camera cut outs, as well as access to all ports (except memory card). Mine does not have a magnet clasp either. I think you may have got the new "thin" case, mine is the standard. They also have the executive.

Anyway, my velcro works perfect and looks factory.

Randy
Mine is like this aswell but does have small magnets to close it, the velcro is used to keep the tablet inside the case. It works.

Last edited:

kentuckyrandy

Aug 5, 2011
icebike, i stand corrected, there are (unusable)magnets. i had the acer case, took it back after receiving the roo. No compare.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Mine has been in use for a couple of weeks now and I still love it.

Very well made, well designed product.