rooCASE Multi-Angle (Black) Leather Folio Case Cover for Acer Iconia Tab A500 10.1-In

nathan179

Jul 25, 2011
I ordered mine on the 25th and haven't got it yet.....delivery estimate was supposed to be yesterday at the latest. If I don't get it today I'll start assuming I missed out and won't get it for another week or two.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I ordered mine on the 25th and haven't got it yet.....delivery estimate was supposed to be yesterday at the latest. If I don't get it today I'll start assuming I missed out and won't get it for another week or two.

If you ordered from Amazon you would have got a shipping notification email.

I ordered mine from Amazon on the 30th. My notification came from PC Micro Store on the 3rd saying it would be delayed till the 10th.
So if you didn't get the email (check your spam bin) then yours might still be on the way.

biogon

Aug 4, 2011
Yeah, PC Micro Store seems to be good at selling stuff they don't have.

I placed an order with them on both Amazon and eBay, both saying that they have it in stock and shipping in 1 day.

Three days later, I get an email saying that it's shipped, with a tracking number. I pay extra for USPS Priority.

A week later, nothing. I write to them and ask.

Their response: Not in stock. It'll ship August 10th.

Why say it's in stock, and that it's shipped then? I don't like that.

It's too bad, as it seems like they're the only people who sell this case.

-j

kapinossa

Jul 25, 2011
I ordered mine from the Amazon on July 28th with a back ordered date of 2 Aug. Date changed to 10 August without notice. Never had any issue with Amazon prior to this order. Called Amazon and pc micro store and expressed dissatisfaction with web pages. Both stated that the item was out of stock and the web page info was stale. Amazon stated that this situation was unsat and were considering which action to take against the seller. Botton line, I would prefer not to give pc micro store any business due to this type of practice! But I want the roocase based on comments of the forum, so I will give them another chance to send out quickly upon receipt from the supplier.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
this belongs in the accessories link where there are already too many threads on cases.

biogon

Aug 4, 2011
I also entered a complaint with Amazon.

This is no way to do business. If you say up front that it's out of stock -- that's ok. If you lie about it... that's not ok.

-j

I ordered mine from the Amazon on July 28th with a back ordered date of 2 Aug. Date changed to 10 August without notice. Never had any issue with Amazon prior to this order. Called Amazon and pc micro store and expressed dissatisfaction with web pages. Both stated that the item was out of stock and the web page info was stale. Amazon stated that this situation was unsat and were considering which action to take against the seller. Botton line, I would prefer not to give pc micro store any business due to this type of practice! But I want the roocase based on comments of the forum, so I will give them another chance to send out quickly upon receipt from the supplier.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
I ordered one on July 30th and it was shipped Aug. 4th.
Yours probably shipped also.

rkka93

May 5, 2011
From the pictures, it looks like it stands up high pretty well. Can the stand work so it's mostly flat with just a slight angle up? I used this mode the most with my Acer cover as it's the best mode for me to type.

kentuckyrandy

Aug 5, 2011
hey guys, been reading here for 2 weeks and decided to join and post. had my a500 for 2 weeks.

i ordered the roo case also, and it was backordered twice. now it is suppose to ship on 10th like everyuone else. i called pc micro 3 days ago, when i received a email ship notice, after i was told it was backordered. turns out, they ran ship labels for most of the orders to appear that they shipped. but wont actually ship until 10th. just thought you might want to know.

the slim case that mike ordered is a different case, without the adjustments. it is in stock. a lighter version of the standard roo case.

Randy.

Last edited:

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Glad I'm not "PC Micro"...

But in all honesty, its probably not their fault.
This case was probably selling modestly, and then it gets mentioned on this site and 5 or 6 hundred orders all pop up at once.

The Acer A500 has outsold all tablets other than iPad. It just takes a few good recommendations to start a stampede.

kentuckyrandy

Aug 5, 2011
yes, they are swamped with orders. i accepted their offer for free rush shipping, when they arrive. i will just wait, cause its a great case. i am currently using the acer rubber case, don't like it.

kentuckyrandy

Aug 5, 2011
they received another shipment today. i was told that my order and many others shipped today. but more are on backorder.

nathan179

Jul 25, 2011
100% agree with Icebike, it's very likely that the huge influx of tablet buyers (specifically the Acer and Asus models) from the Staples $100 off coupon (3-4 weeks ago) created an instant market for accessories which were selling modestly prior to the sale. PC Micro is probably just someone's home business that keeps a small inventory of each item based on sales volume but orders stuff as needed from a wholesaler.

I ordered mine on the 25th, it was delayed a couple times but I rec'd it August 10th. I got an email from them with shipping details, with a tracking number saying it was shipped USPS. Evidently the tracking number was for Lazership? I got an email yesterday after the complaint I filed with Amazon (and bad review left for the seller) saying they would refund my shipping costs because of the delays and then gave me a solid paragraph on exactly how to go and remove my review. I'm on the fence about it, I didn't ask for the shipping refund but appreciate that it was done without provocation, still doesn't mean they took an order for something they didn't have.