9742 Stuck on Coby Boot Logo

Yasino171

Aug 30, 2012
Let me start from the very beginning, I rooted my device using steev's custom rom. It worked for a while, then it started having problems with the touch screen. Today I decided to install clockworkmod recovery to flash the rom from their as I read that livesuite maybe the cause of the touchscreen problem. I followed the steps on the sticky and I did everything using the CobyADB with Traveller1701's steps. I reboot my device and it seems to be stuck on the boot logo. I cannot go to recovery mode. I am frustrated, Please help me!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You can try using Livesuite to flash the stock version of steev's ROM, but unless the tablet and Livesuite can communicate with each other I don't believe there's much that can be done, since you cannot access recovery or USB Debugging.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I don't use Livesuite. In fact, I refuse to have anything to do with Livesuite. That is why I asked Vampirefo to create a Clockworkmod recovery for the 9742 in the first place, so I could avoid Livesuite totally. That is why I have fixes in my signature that work through Clockworkmod to provide everything the Livesuite ROM did, just not deodexed. With Clockworkmod, I knew that if I ran into trouble, as long as I had a nandroid backup and could access the recovery, I could always undo any issues I encountered.

Try a hard reset to stop the bootlooping, but that's about all I can recommend. if you can't get into recovery and cannot get Android to boot at all, there's nothing that can be done.

Yasino171

Aug 30, 2012
I tried everything, what caused the mess is the CobyADB I installed clockworkrecovery via it rebooted and that's it stuck on boot logo

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
To be crystal clear, ADB is not the problem. Livesuite is the problem. You installed CWM on top of a Livesuite installation. If ADB were the problem Google wouldn't be using it as it's their software and it's part of the Android SDK. I included ADB in the zip file as a matter of convenience.

But this does remind me that I need to mention this in the root tool post.

OoSRHo0

Dec 19, 2012
So this is considered bricked? I am pretty much at the some point on my 7036. It was going to the android loading screen and i could force it to continue loading by connecting it to a pc via usb. now i can get to clockwork recovery but i still cant get it to boot past the Coby sign now. ive try factory resetting and installing a stock rom i believe is what i did. nothing seems to change it. if someone has a stock .zip file with the files i need to recover this tablet it would be greatly appreciated if you could post it. Sucks i learned how to install Google Play, root fine, and something happens .... Great learning experience and i would love the help. It might have happened when i edited the file for swapping the internal and external memory..... :/

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If you can access recovery, there is hope for you, especially since you didn't use Livesuite. The OP used Livesuite and his problems stemmed from there.