Coby MID8042 bricked - stuck on Coby logo

NETCODER

Jun 19, 2014
I can't enter to CW mode, adb doesn't work(( After turning on my 8042 stucks on Coby logo. Only thing I can do - recovery via LiveSuit, but I can't find stock .img file to flash. If anybody have stock firmware for LiveSuit, please share it with me. Any help appreciated! Thanks

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Links to LiveSuite ROMs are not permitted in the Coby Generation 3 section of these forums. If anyone wants to offer NETCODER a link, PM it to him, unless you want an infraction.

The main issue with LiveSuite is that it and ADB don't play nice together, with several users bricking their tablets attempting to flash CWM over the stock recovery after using LiveSuite to root the tablet. Even if users weren't bricking their tablets, the LiveSuite ROMs frequently do not work properly with newer versions of the same tablet. This is because Coby frequently changed the hardware inside the tablet.

In your case, LiveSuite may not even help. From appearances you've completely wiped all your partitions, which is why you're stuck in a bootloop and unable to access recovery.

5arid

Nov 30, 2013
I can't enter to CW mode, adb doesn't work(( After turning on my 8042 stucks on Coby logo. Only thing I can do - recovery via LiveSuit, but I can't find stock .img file to flash. If anybody have stock firmware for LiveSuit, please share it with me. Any help appreciated! Thanks

Search the Google for :
sun4i_crane_mid8042_GooglePlay-market_120628_v1.img

Be aware that I don't take any responsibility if it blow up your tablet!
But I would like to know about the result, as I am a fan of LiveSuit (^_^)

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
That's good to hear. If you ever brick your 8042 again remember me, cos I'm willing to buy it.:p