Coby 9742-8

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
I have noticed that my coby 9742 have already a recovery, does anyone also have this? but it doesnt have back up function, only this:

reboot system
apply update from external storage
wipe data / data factory reset
wipe cache partition
apply upgrade from cache

now i want to backup my system and install root but on the sticky threads i have to download the cobyadb and system dump but there are 3 versions (2 actually because 1 is down), which one will work for my coby?is it the same?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The system dumps posted are mainly for reference purposes, although you can grab a copy of the stock recovery from any of them and it would work. Make your own system dump however and you'll get a copy of the stock recovery on your tablet which can be used with the utility.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
anyway rooted the coby, but the tablet is on my wife's sister already, one thing ive noticed link2sd doesnt work on coby9742, i did the same process on partitoning the external micro sd just like i did on my coby 1024, and its working on my coby 1024.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
i am using it to have more storage location of games. but just like ive said its not working.

verrwirung

Nov 4, 2012
Does anyone here knows how to fix wifi drivers for coby 9742?...
I was actually on steev's ROM using livesuit before but decided to change and look for ROM with usb bluetooth dongle support...
tried everything and the only one that works was the CM10...with, of course a lot of issue coz it's not really ported to CK9742...
issues:
screen upside down
no auto-rotate (probably the sensor drivers)
no touch screen
no wifi
as of now those were the issues i have, previously have some system partition size issue but fixed it coz i'm running on a 344MB system size now...
and the bluetooth dongle works flawlessly....any help pls? any suggestions?
THANKS!