A basic lack of understanding about file structures

fre1102

Apr 18, 2011
I was hoping someone could explain the file exploer to me.

I've got Vegan Ginger on my gTab.

When I connect my gTab to my Windows p.c. and navigate to its drive, the folders I see there are not the folders I see when I go to the File Explorer on the gTab itself. It's not like some are both places and some aren't--none of the ones showing up on the p.c. are visible on the gTab File Explorer and vice versa.

I suspect this is just some gross lack of knowledge on my part, because I expected them to be identical. Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks.

hunter505

Jan 21, 2011
Just a guess, but are you looking at the "right" sdcard? The g-tab has 2 cards, an internal and a removable external.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1 using Android Tablet Forum

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I was hoping someone could explain the file exploer to me.

I've got Vegan Ginger on my gTab.

When I connect my gTab to my Windows p.c. and navigate to its drive, the folders I see there are not the folders I see when I go to the File Explorer on the gTab itself. It's not like some are both places and some aren't--none of the ones showing up on the p.c. are visible on the gTab File Explorer and vice versa.

I suspect this is just some gross lack of knowledge on my part, because I expected them to be identical. Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks.
Any chance you can post a few screenshots? I'm not sure I can help--I'm currently running the Honeycomb port (Bottle of Smoke), which doesn't have access via PC--but I have a hunch what you're seeing (I think hunter505 is right).

-Matt