A Couple of Movie Questions

bdodd444

Dec 13, 2011
I'm a new VTAB user. I have a Itouch that I have been watching movies on for travel. I placed some of my movies on the SD card and can view them with no problem through the gallery. The quality is ok, but not great. Two questions, is there another media player that would perform better or when I convert a movie to mp4 from my dvd's should I up the resolution to show better on the larger vizio screen? Thanks.

Brian

dlucero7

Sep 26, 2011
I found the link to this program in another forum and recently used it to convert movies onto my SD card. The program has pre-designed settings for popular devices or you can customize completely.

Free Video Converter| MP4 FLV 3GP AVI MKV DVD| FREE Download

I use Mobo Player from the market to play the movies. Great resolution and syncing of vocals/images on the VTAB.

As a plus...I was able to use the mini-HDMI port to port it to the TV while on travel.

JoelWUpchurch

Nov 30, 2011
What resolution were the movies encoded? The iPhone movies I encoded were 320x176. I had some that are higher, but none close to 720x480. The files are 500mb or less and they play fine on the vtab but they look a little fuzzy. I have divx movies that I encoded at 720x480 and they are from 1 to 2 GB. They look very good on the vtab. I noticed that when I hook the vtab to a HDTV it looks a little pixilated. I suspect it doesn't support upscaling, since the same file looks much better with the windows media player on the same monitor.

dlucero7

Sep 26, 2011
There are many settings in that particular program. You can also do custom resolutions. I used the standard resolution for an Android device with a resolution closest to the VTAB screen size and it looked really good on the tablet and definetley acceptable on an HDTV. It was a bit more pixelated on the TV and the size was about 1 Gb.