A tablet for a child 2.5 years old

oren

Jan 6, 2012
Hello,
My parents want to buy a tablet for my littel brother( 2.5 years old) after they sow how he plays with my i9100,
They said "we need to buy him a IPAD a IPAD" due they really don't know what it means..
Anyway I told them that I don't think there is a reason to buy him a expensive IPAD because he is really young and probably will break it, I told them that I think its better to buy something cheap so when it will break we can just buy a new one...
Well to make the story short,

I need a tablet with wifi n/b/g
I think it will be good if the screen will be large 8+ inch
Strong,
And most important is compatibility to apps (children's apps), EDIT : I need it to run android market

Price is not really a issue but as I said if it will cost too much I'll just buy a Samsung, I want something cheap because it probably going to last only 1 year.
Any help will be appreciated
Thank you

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Try a Le Pan TC970 or Le Pan II. Also consider ebay or other places to get used or refurbished tablets given that you only expect it to last a year. Another option since you are talking about such a young age is something like this Vtech Electronics 80126800 InnoPad Learning Tablet which might have more educational value for a child.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Oren, it seems my friend JP has already taken care of your question so I'll just say welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to become a member here.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
What about a nook color, they have so many games and books for kids at Barnes& nobles and some of our nooks went through so much and they are still alive and kicking. Strong tablets!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Tablet Forum

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
you can also look at vizio tablet they are 8 inch and you can find them for under 200 dollars or the amazon kindle fire but its only 7 inches

oren

Jan 6, 2012
Thank you all for the support..
As I said my native language is Hebrew so nook and kindle is not good for me...
I need something that can run android market..
I think my best option is a cheap chinese brand ... My question is which model ?

Thanks

criver

Oct 20, 2011
It all depends on how much you are willing to spend on the tablet and what you want from it. Also you shouldn't expect it to last long with a kid - so I'd say a resistive touchscreen.
There are plenty of cheap tablets (even for around 50$), the question is what you want to get. What I think is best considering performance/price (though, I wouldn't say that a tablet is really suitable for a 2.5 year old kid, but that's my own opinion) - Ainol Novo 7 Basic/Advanced/Paladin, Zenithink Z180, Zenithink E98/C71/C91. Also, there are really cheap SuperPads, but what you should search for are not just some models/brands etc., what really matters is what's inside... So it all comes down to what you want from the tablet and how much you are willing to spend - do you need a camera (I'd guess not, but who knows), do you need a smaller/bigger screen, lower/higher resolution, slow/fast processor, a little/a lot of memory, resistive/capactive screen, Android Froyo (2.2)/ Gingerbread(2.3)/ HoneyComb(3.0)/ Ice Scream Sandwich(4.0) etc.

cyberpainter

Jan 8, 2012
I realize you said not an ipad, but just wanted to add that if you can get a very padded case, that will help alot. I take care of a special needs youngster with the understanding of about a two year old. He has an ipad with special language apps to help him communicate. We don't leave him alone with it, but the very heavily padded case really helps protect it.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hello,
My parents want to buy a tablet for my littel brother( 2.5 years old) after they sow how he plays with my i9100,
They said "we need to buy him a IPAD a IPAD" due they really don't know what it means..
Anyway I told them that I don't think there is a reason to buy him a expensive IPAD because he is really young and probably will break it, I told them that I think its better to buy something cheap so when it will break we can just buy a new one...
Well to make the story short,

I need a tablet with wifi n/b/g
I think it will be good if the screen will be large 8+ inch
Strong,
And most important is compatibility to apps (children's apps), EDIT : I need it to run android market

Price is not really a issue but as I said if it will cost too much I'll just buy a Samsung, I want something cheap because it probably going to last only 1 year.
Any help will be appreciated
Thank you

Hi oren, i think the Flytouch 6 for $159 with shipping may help you out.:)