A100 Refuses to Charge Battery

jimabbey

Oct 14, 2012
My A100 will not take a charge. The tablet will run but will not charge the battery. Storage indicates less than 2 min of life in battery. I have replugged the charger in several times in different outlets. The icon on the screen indicates that there is AC power but the unit is still not charging. The tablet is about 9 months old. What can I do?​

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
My A100 will not take a charge. The tablet will run but will not charge the battery. Storage indicates less than 2 min of life in battery. I have replugged the charger in several times in different outlets. The icon on the screen indicates that there is AC power but the unit is still not charging. The tablet is about 9 months old. What can I do?​
Are you using the ACER power pack? Or are you using another charger?

john80234

Dec 14, 2012
I really like my A100, but it did the same thing two different times. When I contacted tech support, they ran me through the usual factory reset script, but that didn't help, so they authorized a repair. Each time they replied that a 'transistor was replaced' and the unit was returned promptly to me. It works fine again for about 8 months. Then the problem recurrs. It was at 3% charge this morning and requested to be plugged in to the charger, even though it was charged for 12 hours last night.
If I need to return it again there wil be 1 more used one on the market by next month. I need a working device.