A500 - My traveling companion!

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Hi ALL,

I bought my A500 last year for one reason only - to go with me on a trip to France to act as a book reader, e-mail client and internet browser. And it performed extremely well. This year I returned to France and once again brought my A500 with me and once again it performed extremely well. It connected with ANY Wi Fi I threw at it including at airports and resorts. Its a stock unit updated to ICS. The reader worked well, along with the G-mail and E-mail clients and the stock and Delphi browsers. I essentially had no problems with it except for one item. There seemed to be a lag when typing into G-mail, but I'll put that into a separate thread as I would like to get more input on that specifically.

So again, all in all I am 100% satisfied with my A500 as my traveling companion!!

Gerry

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Just like you, I too am completely satisfied with my A500. Except for one or two niggly issues, it has performed well and connects to every wifi access point I have access to.

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Just like you, I too am completely satisfied with my A500. Except for one or two niggly issues, it has performed well and connects to every wifi access point I have access to.

:):) YES! And my niggly issue is the typing lag when using G-Mail!!

Gerry

Rixster1217

Aug 21, 2012
I've had mine for almost 9 months now and I'd be lost without it. I travel every week and it's so much easier than a laptop especially when dealing with multiple email accounts. I love being able to turn it on and accessing all of my email accounts without signing into a single one, by far the best feature. The only complaint I have is the stupid sofware upgrade. I really like how it performed when I bought it, upgrading it to the new ice cream sanwhich has really hurt it's performance. I wish I could go back an never update it.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I've had mine for almost 9 months now and I'd be lost without it. I travel every week and it's so much easier than a laptop especially when dealing with multiple email accounts. I love being able to turn it on and accessing all of my email accounts without signing into a single one, by far the best feature. The only complaint I have is the stupid sofware upgrade. I really like how it performed when I bought it, upgrading it to the new ice cream sanwhich has really hurt it's performance. I wish I could go back an never update it.
Some of us haven't had major problems since the upgrade. I just got ICS upgrade on my HTC - seems to be working okay too.

lostinamerica

Feb 10, 2012
I travelled earlier this summer. I have ripped many of my Dvd's and played them from a jump drive or Toshiba external drive while at the airport or flying. e-books....check, music ...check, car adapter for extended road trips....check.
I'd be completely happy with my A500 if the GPS and the microphone where better. As it is I have no regrets. I hope the life of this unit is long.