Acer Posts $212 Million annual loss ...

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
Acer posted a $212 million annual loss today. Hurry up and get ICS out before you fold!!!!

X

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Tablet Forum

grahambell

Jan 8, 2012
To all Acer Iconia Tab A500 and A100 users, please expect an Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade in mid-April! Thank you for your patience. -- AcerAmerica (@AcerAmerica)

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
It is unfortunate that Acer posted a loss. They make a good sturdy product, and I love my A500, it works like a charm!!!!

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
Did they say why they've lost so much money? Losing money on tablets or laptops?

No I did not see a reason for their loss, I will try and do some research to see if they are indicating the cause of the loss. But Acer is definitely the little engine that could, their products are pretty sturdy. Furthermore, they appear to treat their workers better than Apple does, which is a good reason to support them in their effort to stay afloat.....

drozas

May 1, 2011
Where is Acer located? Their manufacturing could of taken a big hit from weather related phenomena.

Sent from my A500

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
They have come a long way from where they were when I first started looking at their products, I now have an a500 and two Revo 3700 and need to buy a couple more of the little 3700, plus experience with a few of their netbooks. they make a pretty good product at a decent price so I certainly hope they will be around for a while.