Add phone capabilities to your tablet (UPDATED 7-2-14 This Method Still Works!)

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
He probably has the native wifi hot spot or the 3g hosting plan through verizon which the droid 1 can't do but when you get your tablet you might be able to hack it to see ad hoc which is what wireless tether broadcast in but PDA net won't work

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

ChauD

Dec 25, 2010
I have added some updates and edited some parts, Major update coming soon! I am surprised this hasn't got more attention. Judging off the threads in the forum a lot of people would like to have free calls and texts.

I rooted a couple of phones years ago. I also hacked at least 3 DVD players to make them playable with DVDs from different regions (countries) all over the word. I also hacked my Samsung DLP widescreen TV when they first came out many years ago. But after reading your procedure, it got my feet cold. It's so complicated and lengthy process. Maybe I'm too old for this game? Anyway, with no disrespect, I think that's the main reason why not too many people want to jump on this this.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Yeah its pretty lengthy but it is super easy and I just thought more people would like free incoming and out going calls

Sent from my incredible using Android Talert Forum

dnjpowell

Nov 7, 2010
I don't think it's too difficult for the most part. Personally I'm stuck on like step 5... I cannot get my router to open the ports needed! Well it is ok for like TCP but doesn't open for the UPD.... I've gone to portforward for info but tried all it suggested w/no luck. I keep getting that error msg that a symmetric NAT or router has been detected etc etc... and that manual configuration of the RTP/UDP needs done. I'm running a netgear wgt624 router but it doesn't seem to like it. Everything else has been pretty straight forward though.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
what exactly is your issue? is google voice not calling your express talk? or just what exactly?

dnjpowell

Nov 7, 2010
Well express talk attempts to call but nothing comes through. Portforward was saying ports were not open yet I went through router settings and they should be. I went to router settings and listed port numbers yet no call comes through. Each time I run the wizard in express talk I keep getting the same error msg about the NAT or router being detected and that audio cannot be routed automatically. It advises manual setup of RTP/UDP redirection.

dnjpowell

Nov 7, 2010
No, don't have a smartphone so may try another SIP - I just thought would be neat to set up & it really hasn't been difficult just this router issue has been a pain. It is an awesome idea & ability though! Thank you for figuring a way to do something like that. I haven't given up totally!

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Your welcome, I think its pretty cool to I show it off every chance I get

imediaviewer

Jan 4, 2011
Needn't too much works. IP communication can be opened directly on 3G module. as topic,needn't cost any penny by internet or WIFI or 3G data...

dnjpowell

Nov 7, 2010
I would show it off too!! Haha it would be very neat to have ! I'm still just tickled having a nice tablet that works great lol

gracco

Jan 9, 2011
Your welcome, I think its pretty cool to I show it off every chance I get

Great work, my compliments. of course I need to make free internet connection via LAN or wifi? Instead, let me know if you can use our Haipad M701 as a real but read gsm sim GSM?

shawngormley

Jan 18, 2011
Hi there. I am trying to figure this out. I am at step 5 and google tries to call however express talk does not ring. the settings on callcentric and ipkall is correct. any suggestions?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Did you set up the account right in express talk

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

bilallucky

Jan 8, 2011
Gizmo5 is on hold at the moment (no new users) and Sipgate is limiting new users. Bottom line is getting this setup and working now is very difficult due to the unavaiblity of the SIP client account.