Adhoc Patch for Android wpasupplicant

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
adhoc only works in wep or open, i was reading

Dec 15, 2010
Bottom line has anyone got any Ad-Hoc network to connect ??????????????

I have a m701 haipad and would **LOVE** to be able to connect to my cell phone Ad-Hoc network.

Is there any other way to have NEt access on the go (EVDO/3G/anything) ???????? I will be happy with hard wired..... ANYTHING!???

Thankx all

lohtse

Mar 9, 2011
none work on my p7 os 2.1 arm11 :-( anyone have a version working on these yet??

reza_243

Apr 17, 2011
This patch didn't work for me on WM8650 which is ARM11
Also WiFi settings didn't even work for Infrastructure mode !
I'm happy that I made a back up of original wpa_supplicant !

DustoVanDusto

Nov 1, 2011
I know that rooting the phone is necessary, but I'm not sure on the other steps to get this to work.

I guess I found out how, but it still leads to more questions as I am new to Android.

"Flash the attached wpa_adhoc-signed.zip in recovery and your done."

How do I get to recovery mode? AND how do I "flash it"?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I guess I found out how, but it still leads to more questions as I am new to Android.

"Flash the attached wpa_adhoc-signed.zip in recovery and your done."

How do I get to recovery mode? AND how do I "flash it"?

OP has install instructions, you just need adb (from Android SDK or some "hacked" stand-alone version) to "push" the file to your tablet. Backup first, of course. But the most important question is: what is your tablet mode/brand? Depending on your CPU/OS it may not work, and there is always a chance of bricking your tablet if you don't know if it's compatible (specially if you don't know what you're doing).

DustoVanDusto

Nov 1, 2011
OK, so here is what I am looking for. I can't get my dreambook to connect to my desired network (GCI). But it will connect to AT&T. I'm just not sure how to get around this. I thought the Ad Hok thing was the answer, but I know now that I need some serious help. Thanks.