Advent Vega 10 inch tablet

klown07

Aug 27, 2010
Well there is going to be new 10 inch tablet supposed to go on sale tomorrow October 18th, at pc world and currys, also dixons. It seems to have all the right specs, and a reasonable price I suppose. The only thing I'm unsure of is if it has g-sensor and accelerometer? If anyone has more details on this let me know! Also if anyone is going to jump the gun and get one, PLEASE share your thoughts and give us a detailed review with pics and videos :) Thanks in advance! Here is from source:

"It's been a long, long time since the Tegra-powered Vega tablet came to be officially, and things have changed considerably since then. The biggest modification is the size, down to 10-inches from 15, though the 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra chipset is still in there with its 1080p abilities in tow. Alas, a 1024 x 600 resolution on the capacitive touchscreen puts something of a damper on that, but HDMI output means it'll tickle the pixels nicely on your HDTV. There's a 1.3 megapixel webcam, 802.11bg WiFi, a 3G SIM slot, 512MB each of ROM and RAM, and naturally microSD expandability, with a 4GB card included. The OS is Android 2.2 (Market support unknown) and battery life is rated at a quite impressive 6.5 hours of 1080p video, enough to watch both the animated and JCV-featuring Street Fighter movies in one sitting. The best part? The thing is supposed to hit giant UK retailer Dixons next week, on October 18, for £249 -- just under $400 American. That's an unsubsidized price, and a rather attractive one at that."- By Tim Stevens posted Oct 13th 2010 10:10AM at endgadget

Last edited by a moderator:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Tegra 2 is supposed to be weird right now for Android. We'll see.

JRowe

Oct 19, 2010
I would order one right now if I could find a link to do so :)

Anyone know of an active seller?

Tyler Durden

Jun 28, 2010
I have been doing a bit of research on this one, and it seems possible that this will be released in Dixons, PC World and Currys this Monday 15th Nov.

beegee_tokyo

Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Got my XVision last weekend. Nice tablet, screen has some sensitivity problems at the borders. Speed is acceptable with the original V 1.07 firmware.:confused:

Update to MoDaCo Custom ROM R7 with some small modifications. Now the tablet rocks;)

The onscreen keyboard coming with Android sucks a little bit. On my HTC Desire I got used to the HTC IME mod, which is perfect. But it gives only FC on the XVision tablet:mad:

Found an acceptable alternative => Notion Ink keyboard. But the original design sucks. Grey letters on a white background without any hint where the keys are. So I created my first mod, a new look for the Notion Ink keyboard.
I tested it only on my WSL XVision, no guaranty if it breaks your device or destroy your SD card data. For me it works fine.

I attached some screen shots.
attachment.php

attachment.php

You can download it from my website.

Will add more stuff and info in the next weeks.

beegee_tokyo

Developer
Feb 8, 2011
UPDATE: I reduced the filesize from 1.48 MB to 772 KB!

Got my XVision last weekend. Nice tablet, screen has some sensitivity problems at the borders. Speed is acceptable with the original V 1.07 firmware.:confused:

Update to MoDaCo Custom ROM R7 with some small modifications. Now the tablet rocks;)

The onscreen keyboard coming with Android sucks a little bit. On my HTC Desire I got used to the HTC IME mod, which is perfect. But it gives only FC on the XVision tablet:mad:

Found an acceptable alternative => Notion Ink keyboard. But the original design sucks. Grey letters on a white background without any hint where the keys are. So I created my first mod, a new look for the Notion Ink keyboard.
I tested it only on my WSL XVision, no guaranty if it breaks your device or destroy your SD card data. For me it works fine.

I attached some screen shots.
attachment.php

attachment.php

You can download it from my website.

Will add more stuff and info in the next weeks.