Advent Vega / WSL Xvision == MoDaCo r8 ROM modded by BeeGee

beegee_tokyo

Developer
Feb 8, 2011
This is the first ROM I want to share. It is based on the online kitchen from MoDaCo. I used the latest version, r8. It includes 'Link2SD' by bakpinar.

I removed most of the wallpapers, and some of the applications. The most important changes:
Gallery replaced with the 32bit Gallery3D Mod - thanks to SilentMobius
Notion Ink keyboard - thanks to gojimi at XDA developers with my own graphic mod
ZEAM launcher as default - thanks to cloakt at XDA developers.
iWnnIME - Japanese keyboard (stripped from a Softbank Japan HTC Desire by myself)
Titanium Backup - thanks to Joël Bourquard - Market link.
No ads host file - thanks to dnlgee
DOS like bootanimation - thanks to original_ganjaman from XDA developers

I know the ZEAM launcher is no longer under development. But for me it runs smooth and fast. I run it on my tablet with 8 columns and 7 rows on 5 screens and still the scrolling is very fast and nearly without any lag. If you don't like it, you can of course replace it with any other launcher of your choice.

For the installation you have 3 options:
For all options first download the ZIP file from here, extract it to a directory on your PC/MAC/Linux machine.
Option 1 is for flashing the file with an USB cable:
  • Ensure you have USB debugging enabled on your device (enabled in Settings->Applications->Development)
  • If you are using Windows, your USB 'Android Developer Bridge' driver MUST be the one included in this download (use 'Have Disk' functionality in device manager to change if required)
  • Connect your device to your PC
  • At a command prompt / terminal, ensure you are in the directory you extracted the files, and run 'install-windows.bat', './install-linux.sh' or './install-mac.sh' as appropriate
  • Wait for your device to reboot!

Option 2 is for flashing through wireless ADB (only Windows):
  • Setup your WiFi ADB that it works through port 5555. Start your WiFi ADB app on your tablet. I prefer ADB over WIFI Widget, but there are other apps available.
  • Write down the IP address the WiFi ADB gives you.
  • Edit "install-windows-wifi.bat" (in the directory you extracted the files) and change line 13 => adb-windows.exe connect 192.168.1.15. Put the IP address of your tablet (from the WiFi ADB) instead of "192.168.1.15"
  • Ensure you have USB debugging enabled on your device (enabled in Settings->Applications->Development)
  • If you are using Windows, your USB 'Android Developer Bridge' driver MUST be the one included in this download (use 'Have Disk' functionality in device manager to change if required)
  • At a command prompt / terminal, ensure you are in the directory you extracted the files, and run 'install-windows-wifi.bat'
  • Wait for your device to reboot!

Option 3 is for flashing through ClockWorkRecovery.
  • Rename the downloaded file to "update.zip" and copy it to the root of your SD card
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
  • After successful flashing reboot your device

If you get problems with the USB drivers or have other difficulties, check "Advent Vega - ROMs / Software Updates / Guides / How Tos, Links to ROMs, Flash Updates, Guides, Misc apk's" on MoDaCo. There you find help for nearly every possible problem.

And as usual, I take no responsibility if you brick your device, delete all important data on your SD-card or get divorced because you spent more time with your Android tablet than with your wife. You do all this on your own risk!

And here are some screenshots:
The wallpaper you see here is the default wallpaper. I deleted all other wallpapers and there are no live wallpapers in the ROM anymore.
Home-300x175.png

Oh, I forgot another small graphic change:
I changed the icons for home, menu and back in the notification bar a little bit. I didnt like the red color in the icons and changed it to green.
otherscreen-300x175.png

Portrait view:
The wallpaper is perfect dimensioned to match landscape and portrait modes. Thanks a lot to thedicemaster on MoDaCo for the tips how to achieve it.
And of course after you install the ROM, all pages are as empty as this one. The widgets you see on the other screenshots are all installed from the market.
portrait-175x300.png

And for the people who went thru the whole post, but didn't see the download link.

DOWNLOAD FROM HERE!