After some info and help if possible

Steve1978

Nov 24, 2012
HI

As the title states I'm after some info and help if possible
I have a tablet here I will give you as much info on it as possible, I'm pretty sure its a Chinese brad tablet

Screen size : 9"
Operating system : Android 4.0.4
Cpu : Cortex A8 1.5GHz, All Winner A13
Ram : 512M DDR3
Memory : 4GB + SD card slot
Model Number : KB901
Kernel version : 3.0.8+
Front and rear camera

Across the top you have, Power Button, Headphone jack, Mic, SD card slot, Usb Port, Power jack
Left hand side you have, Home button, Volume keys

I have the build number here if it is needed
the research I have done on this tablet i think the brand is "lonshion" but not 100% sure on that one
If anymore more info is needed just let me know and I'll see what i can find

what I'm wondering is if anyone can confirm the brand, and if this tablet is rootable and what i need to do to root it
It is my first tablet and i would hate to brick it..... I do have a HTC phone that i rooted so I know a little about it but not a hell of alot

also the other thing is... when I plug the charger in, the touchscreen goes a little nuts when I touch it, is that common with these tablets? and can it be fixed?

here is a pic of it... if you need a different view just let me know and i will take and upload them
$description5.png

thanks in advance

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
HI

As the title states I'm after some info and help if possible
I have a tablet here I will give you as much info on it as possible, I'm pretty sure its a Chinese brad tablet

Screen size : 9"
Operating system : Android 4.0.4
Cpu : Cortex A8 1.5GHz, All Winner A13
Ram : 512M DDR3
Memory : 4GB + SD card slot
Model Number : KB901
Kernel version : 3.0.8+
Front and rear camera

Across the top you have, Power Button, Headphone jack, Mic, SD card slot, Usb Port, Power jack
Left hand side you have, Home button, Volume keys

I have the build number here if it is needed
the research I have done on this tablet i think the brand is "lonshion" but not 100% sure on that one
If anymore more info is needed just let me know and I'll see what i can find

what I'm wondering is if anyone can confirm the brand, and if this tablet is rootable and what i need to do to root it
It is my first tablet and i would hate to brick it..... I do have a HTC phone that i rooted so I know a little about it but not a hell of alot

also the other thing is... when I plug the charger in, the touchscreen goes a little nuts when I touch it, is that common with these tablets? and can it be fixed?

here is a pic of it... if you need a different view just let me know and i will take and upload them
View attachment 9128

thanks in advance

Specs are just like any A13, most likely already kernel rooted.

charger touch screen issue is normal no fix, sometimes a new rom will lessen the effects sometimes it wont.

for root download superuser from market and update it.

if this doesn't work you need to install adb drivers.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
http://www.unlockroot.com/unlockroot.php used to carry a huge list of model numbers and devices they were associated with, but the link seems to be temporarily broken...

when I plug the charger in, the touchscreen goes a little nuts when I touch it, is that common with these tablets?
No, that is not common in good tablets. Many people use their tablet while it is charging.
My Nexus 7 and my iDeaUSA tablets work fine while they are plugged in for charging.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
How about posting the Manufacturer and model numbers of some of these "normal" tablets whose touch screens become abnormal while charging?

LOL, how about you post the Manufacturer and model numbers of A13 tablets with 512 MB ram that doesn't have the problem.

@Steve1978 again this is normal.

Steve1978

Nov 24, 2012
thank you so far for the replies...
here is some update info

the tablet is rooted cause i can use the app app2sd which you need root access to use it.... but there is no bootloader or anything on it from what i can see....
so what boot loader would i use.... and any ideas on what roms would be compatible with it

also charging issue..... only happen with the power pack.... if i charge it via usb.... i have no problems at all.... so I'm guessing its a charger fault with these types of tablets

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
thank you so far for the replies...
here is some update info

the tablet is rooted cause i can use the app app2sd which you need root access to use it.... but there is no bootloader or anything on it from what i can see....
so what boot loader would i use.... and any ideas on what roms would be compatible with it

also charging issue..... only happen with the power pack.... if i charge it via usb.... i have no problems at all.... so I'm guessing its a charger fault with these types of tablets

you can use any A13 Rom as long as you know how to modify them to suite your device. If you want a copy of the bootloader simply dump it.

with any tablet you should install adb and back up your tablet before you make any modifications to it.

You need adb installed and working.

adb shell

mkdir /sdcard/dump
cat /dev/block/nandc > /sdcard/dump/boot.img
cat /dev/block/nanda > /sdcard/dump/bootloader.img
cat /dev/block/nandg > /sdcard/dump/recovery.img
busybox tar -cvf /sdcard/dump/KB901_system.tar /system

once done,

make a folder on your desktop navigate there through terminal

adb pull /sdcard/dump

Yanal

Dec 2, 2012
hello.. i have the same tablet, i have broken the touch screen , plzzzzzz help me, where can i get one online ? i dont even know what its model !!

Steve1978

Nov 24, 2012
your best bet for a screen replacement would be
1. where you got it from
2. ebay search
3. google search