Ainol Novo 7 Series Firmware Update Step by Step instructions!!!

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Ainol Novo 7 Firmware Update Guide(Suit for Novo 7 ELF,Novo 7 Aurora,Novo 7 Advance II)
$NOVO7.jpg
First you should download the right firmware for your tablets, then Download the latest LiveSuit PC Application from HERE and download the NOVO 7 USB DRIVER from HERE,

• [*=left]Make sure the device is fully charged.
    [*=left]Backup ALL data as the firmware update will format the device.
    [*=left]Extract firmware and LiveSuit .rar files to a folder named Novo7 on your desktop.
    [*=left]Install the LiveSuit application.
Follow the steps below to carry out the Novo 7 firmware update procedure…Launch the LiveSuit application
$1.jpg

Browse firmware file by clicking the icon below
$2.jpg

Select the downloaded and extracted Novo 7 firmware .img file
$3.jpg
$4.jpg

Please follow the following steps carefully to activate the firmware upgrade process
1) Confirm the Novo 7 is switched off, if not switch it off now.
2) Press and hold the VOL + button (for NOVO 7 ELF, there is no VOL+,you can press the home button)
3) Connect USB cable from computer to Novo 7 Please note if using windows XP you may require android usb drivers for hardware installation, we have included these within the LiveSuitPack.
4) Press the power button 5-6 times quickly whilst keeping the VOL + button pressed

When the steps above have been carried out correctly, the following window below will be displayed...
At this point you MUST release both buttons or the device will switch off.
the photos is here: ( I just can attach 5 files in each post :-(, so i have to upload the photo in mediafire)
5.jpg 6.jpg

Firmware upgrade process successfully started, please wait 2-3mins to complete
here is the photo: 7.jpg

Novo 7 firmware upgrade successfully completed here is the photo:
8.jpg

Once the Novo 7 firmware update is complete the language will be set to Chinese as default, to change the language and also a few other options we suggest, see below…

Language Change
Go to settings & select language menu with the following icon [A] Select your desired language & reboot to take full affect

Wi-Fi Sleep Policy
Go to: settings / wireless & networks / wifi settings Press the Menu button & select advanced Select wifi sleep policy and change to never

Display Sleep
Go to: settings / display / screen timeout Change to desired time – we suggest 10mins

PS: Firmware Download Address:

NOVO 7 ELF: Novo7Elf0302.zip (this version can use google play store and skype,already tested by mcbub.com)

NOVO 7 Aurora : Novo7Aurora0301_Android4.0.3.zip

Novo 7 Advance II: Novo7AdvancedII0303.zip

If you want to buy those tablet, here is the link:

NOVO-7, cheap NOVO-7, Buy cheap NOVO-7 on McBub.com.

We have NOVO 7 ELF,Novo 7 Basic and Novo 7 Paladin IN STOCK NOW, Ready for Ship!

Last edited:

d_mann81

Mar 23, 2012
This method does not work for me at all. I have the android USB drivers loaded, livesuite opened, rom loaded, holding down the home button, insert USB cord to tablet...boom livesuite pops up with a little blank window with a yellow exclimation mark and a box saying 'OK'

Frantically pressing the power button while inserting USB cord does nothing.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
What is yellow exclimation you are talking? we have flashed a lot of elf with this instructions, if you still can't make it work,i will try to make a video for a instructions. good luck to you :)
This method does not work for me at all. I have the android USB drivers loaded, livesuite opened, rom loaded, holding down the home button, insert USB cord to tablet...boom livesuite pops up with a little blank window with a yellow exclimation mark and a box saying 'OK'

Bagpuss

Mar 23, 2012
Thank you, I'll use these instructions when I get my tablet through.

Last edited:

uahmed

Mar 27, 2012
Thanks a lot, McBub.com. Instructions worked and now I have Android Marketplace on the Novo 7 Elf that I bought today. I had one problem when trying to connect my tablet with Windows 7 computer. It got corrected after I turned the USB debugging off. Once it got connected, it took me 3 attempts before I was able to correctly follow the procedure of pressing Power button 5-6 times. After that, it worked perfectly and I am running the tablet with upgraded firmware!

d_mann81

Mar 23, 2012
What is yellow exclimation you are talking? we have flashed a lot of elf with this instructions, if you still can't make it work,i will try to make a video for a instructions. good luck to you :)

Please do make a video because I've found 4 different websites that all have different instructions for updating firmware on the novo 7 elf.

Also could you please provide all the drivers to be installed before or during the update and if debugging needs to be on or off. I'm running windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Right now the driver that is installed with a yellow exclimation beside it in Device Manager shows: USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8), when I plug the USB into the device to do the firmware update, a duplicate USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8) is discovered but does not have the exclimation mark beside it. This is also the time that the program pops up a small windows box with the yellow exclimation mark and an ok button and the upgrade does not happen.

kobison

Apr 2, 2012
Dear McBub.com,

I have used a script written in some android forum to install google play. The script was written for Novo7advance2. However it didn't work and now I have the AINOL screen when starting the tablet. I have tried to use the instructions and it didn't work... Do you have any idea?
If I can provide further information - please no not hesitate to make contact..

Thank you very much from advance,
Kobi.

Last edited by a moderator:

dfasano

Apr 4, 2012
Is this update to ICS? And if so, does this patch cause major battery drainage like the current patch I'm using in order to get Google Play to work with the Elf? Also, does this update completely allow full English support? Thanks.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Hi, which version of novo 7 you have? ELF or paladin or what? confirm the model with me, so i can try to help.

Dear McBub.com,

I have used a script written in some android forum to install google play. The script was written for Novo7advance2. However it didn't work and now I have the AINOL screen when starting the tablet. I have tried to use the instructions and it didn't work... Do you have any idea?
If I can provide further information - please no not hesitate to make contact..

Thank you very much from advance,
Kobi.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
yes,this is for ELF updating to ICS, and after you flash this firmware, the android market will be pre-installed.
Is this update to ICS? And if so, does this patch cause major battery drainage like the current patch I'm using in order to get Google Play to work with the Elf? Also, does this update completely allow full English support? Thanks.

dvpower

Apr 11, 2012

I'm having the same problem. I stupidly put AURORA firmware on my ELF. It boots up, but the touchscreen is all over the place.
Now, when LiveSuit is running and I plug the USB cable in, I get the empty dialog box immediately popping up, but nothing else.

dfasano

Apr 4, 2012
yes,this is for ELF updating to ICS, and after you flash this firmware, the android market will be pre-installed.

McBub-
Do you have a link to this file that is on a page in English? Google Translate doesn't seem to want to translate it well and the one time I clicked on a link of ching chang chong and got a download for the zip it keeps telling me the zip is corrupted. whats up with this? Please help.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
do you mean the NOVO 7 ELF firmware download link?

Novo7Elf0302.zip

you can click the " 普通下载“ the green button to download the file.

McBub-
Do you have a link to this file that is on a page in English? Google Translate doesn't seem to want to translate it well and the one time I clicked on a link of ching chang chong and got a download for the zip it keeps telling me the zip is corrupted. whats up with this? Please help.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
hi this is used to update novo 7 elf to android 4.0.3 version,and make good play store work, but it is still not full english version,after you update, the menu will become chinese language,and you should switch to english by yourself, and delete some chinese apps.

but the most important is the NOVO 7 ELF can have google play store in this firmware.

meimiao1.jpg
jh88.jpg
test.jpg
dh.jpg
pad.jpg