Ainol Novo 7 Series Firmware Update Step by Step instructions!!!

dfasano

Apr 4, 2012
McBub-

Thanks for the update info. I really love the increased touch response and the massive battery life increase. However, what is up with common apps like Facebook being listed as incompatible? Is there an additional patch for this? can I somehow manually install the .apk files via connecting to my computer? Please advise.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
you should try different facebook apk, and you forget to give me "thanks" lol
McBub-

Thanks for the update info. I really love the increased touch response and the massive battery life increase. However, what is up with common apps like Facebook being listed as incompatible? Is there an additional patch for this? can I somehow manually install the .apk files via connecting to my computer? Please advise.

jmc8

Jun 5, 2012
I installed the firmware on my Ainol novo 7 Aurora, but now my touchscreen foes not work anymore. I can only operate it with a mouse.
What can i do to resolve this

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
I installed the firmware on my Ainol novo 7 Aurora, but now my touchscreen foes not work anymore. I can only operate it with a mouse.
What can i do to resolve this

Hi,you can get yoru problem sloved from the following link:

Google Translate

please remember to choose the right firmware.

thanks

pbnovice

Jun 2, 2012
Thank you soooo much for the information. I did as the instructions stated and my tablet now works find. It was freezing at the Ainol Logo screen with Colored Circles. I can also use Google Play!! Before I could not. GREAT Job with the thread.. pbnovice.

pbnovice

Jun 2, 2012
d_mann81...you will need to slow down and basically read each line. I too was having trouble getting it to work. Today...I wanted to try again. I deleted all files I'd loaded and totally started from scratch. It does work. pcnovice

jmc8

Jun 5, 2012
Hi,you can get yoru problem sloved from the following link:

Google Translate

please remember to choose the right firmware.

thanks

I still can't get it to work. I installed the firmware (the Aino NOVO7 aurora 1.0-GT801 version Android4.0.3, since my build is 10120301.162352). that installed OK, but of course no touchscreen. I then tried to install: The Aino NOVO7 Aurora 20,120,309 firmware - touch screen failures, but that won't work. I tried to do it the same way as the firmware, but it does not install anything. How do i install this last download? Or do I have the wrong download? I am getting a bit desperate. The mouse still works, but the touchscreen does not. Hope you can help me further on the track

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
I still can't get it to work. I installed the firmware (the Aino NOVO7 aurora 1.0-GT801 version Android4.0.3, since my build is 10120301.162352). that installed OK, but of course no touchscreen. I then tried to install: The Aino NOVO7 Aurora 20,120,309 firmware - touch screen failures, but that won't work. I tried to do it the same way as the firmware, but it does not install anything. How do i install this last download? Or do I have the wrong download? I am getting a bit desperate. The mouse still works, but the touchscreen does not. Hope you can help me further on the track

have you tried this firmware:

Google Translate

i read in chinese, it is fix the touch screen problem.

nnnevvv

Jun 22, 2012
Hi everyone. Just sharing my experience with this upgrade. I have a Novo 7 Elf, followed the instructions fine up to the "hold down home button ...." bit. At this point, nothing would happen. Eventually unplugged usb, turned tablet back on, then off again - exited from Livesuit (running man icon) - and followed instructions again, starting with "Launch the Livesuit application". This time it popped up the desired dialog box in windows, and everything went fine. Powering up took quite a while the first time - time to make a cup of coffee I reckon.

Worked fine on startup - just needed to change to English. I would make to following additions to the language change instructions (not saying this is the best/quickest way - it's just what worked for me):
- press menu / homescreen? button - far top right corner of screen
- select "settings" - icon looks like a graphic equalizer
- scroll down the left hand menu, select "A" icon
- select top option in right hand menu
- scroll down and select english of your choice

Only thing I haven't worked out how to do so far is remove the chinese apps - like the dolphin browser, orange cat, box with a K on it, and a big G

Thanks for the excellent instructions McBub - much appreciated

bmr168

Sep 2, 2012
I am struggling to get an external keyboard to work on my Ainol Elf II. I apparently have an OTG cable to convert mini usb to usb and the keyboard works fine when connected to my laptop, is there anything in particular with drivers that I need to do or will this update cover this issue???? I have updated the firmware on my daughters tablet to Dark Elf however that has not fixed the problem. Any help please???

williver

Nov 3, 2012
Thanks for the post, great information and Step by Step...

I have two quick questions.

I can't get the USB driver listed to run my n7a2 on XP. Is there another driver?

My device isn't recognized in Google Play so I'm no able to DL most apps. Does this firmware upgrade fix that problem? Is there another custom firmware that people are using for the n7a2 that is better?

Thanks,