Allwinner A13 7 Inch Tablet Problems

bizarreaster

Jul 13, 2012
Hi, I owned an Allwinner A13 7 inch tablet, and I have one app called LuckyPatcher installed, but yesterday when I accidentally restart the tablet, all my data including games/apps gone, just like factory reset.

1) That is the first time, now everytime I restart the tablet, it perform as if factory reset, all data gone.

2) And further problems, now I cannot download apps from google play, it stucks at downloading...

3) I try to install third party apk, but when I install it keeps telling me storage insufficient.

I suppose all my problems caused by this LuckyPatcher, the tablet is nice, after searching for solutions, to solve problem 3, I should go to data/app folder and delete relevant app's odex file, but I can't seem to find any file inside that folder?

So I wonder whether the device already been rooted? If not rooted then how to root it? Does reinstall firmware will solve all the problems?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

Regards,
bizarreaster

gordonbell20

Jul 14, 2012
I have two A13(A8cortex) tablets from China.
One failed after 1 hour of use, Programmes sstopped working.
Now only boots to android animation and logo and no further.
Investigating flash of firmware. I have livesuit working and i have the driver installed but looking for the firmware.
Trying to get it from the source in China but as usual not very helpful.

There's going to be a need for the firmware as the tablet is going to be sold in thousands.
I'll let you know when I get the firmware.

Does your device manager show mass storage device or composute device when you connect the tablet?

kethan

Dec 20, 2010
Can u guys pls tell me the battery life?

Sent from my HTC HD7 Pro/+ using Tapatalk 2

beb1

Jul 14, 2012
bizarreaster,

The same thing happened to me after downloading an App from Google Play. There are no USB drivers available. My tablet would always show up as other device in Device Manager. Tried the flashing method posted elsewhere in this forum by McBub to install the drivers and it would not work. The tablet worked nicely before it was trashed by installing the App. Without proper driver support and a method to reflash the tablet, this product is basically a joke. Do yourself a favor and treat it as a learning experience (e.g. never buy a cheap Android tablet from a Chinese vendor). Just bite the bullet and pay a little more for a tablet from a reputable vendor. I finally purchased an Archos 80 G9 and it works flawlessly. If something goes wrong at least I can get waranty support.

Tronmech

Apr 2, 2011
Me, I went downmarket and picked up a "loss leader" Polaroid ICS tablet (PMID 702C) @ the Big Lots that just opened in my town. Other than some issues in the browser if it's too busy a page, it's not bad for the $. (Every time I have a complaint, I answer myself with "it was just $80" and move on. No Google Play, had to use google to find out how to get Google: $80; Display a bit grainy because it's only 800x480: $80). I'll use this until Christmas or so, and then get either the Nexus 7, or some other cool 7 incher.

I won't buy another piece of portable electronics from an overseas seller unless the batteries come out. Nothing like finding out that it would cost more to ship back than replace.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

beb1

Jul 14, 2012
Tronmech
You are lucky. There is a forum for the "upscale" tablets ($80 vs. $69.95),

[link] Polaroid Tablets

Try to find anything on the A13 tablets and it's SOL. The A13 is a newer stripped down version of the A10.

bizarreaster

Jul 13, 2012
I have two A13(A8cortex) tablets from China.
One failed after 1 hour of use, Programmes sstopped working.
Now only boots to android animation and logo and no further.
Investigating flash of firmware. I have livesuit working and i have the driver installed but looking for the firmware.
Trying to get it from the source in China but as usual not very helpful.

There's going to be a need for the firmware as the tablet is going to be sold in thousands.
I'll let you know when I get the firmware.

Does your device manager show mass storage device or composute device when you connect the tablet?

gordonbell20, yes it shows up as mass storage device as usual and i can still copy files into the tablet, it's just i cannot seem to download from google play, and pops up "insufficient storage available" when i try to install certain apk.

very frustrating.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Anyone pls?

Sent from my HTC HD7 Pro/+ using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to answer you late.

About the battery time, it depends on how you use your tablet, and if you want the battery to last longer, you should find some skills, like the change the screen brightness, add some battery control app or what? usually the battery can last about 2-4 hours.

any questions,feel free to contact us.

techo21

Jul 20, 2012
some of the games i download not able to play error as in not compatible.. anyone facing these

burk33y

Jul 28, 2012
Hi, I owned an Allwinner A13 7 inch tablet, and I have one app called LuckyPatcher installed, but yesterday when I accidentally restart the tablet, all my data including games/apps gone, just like factory reset.

1) That is the first time, now everytime I restart the tablet, it perform as if factory reset, all data gone.

2) And further problems, now I cannot download apps from google play, it stucks at downloading...

3) I try to install third party apk, but when I install it keeps telling me storage insufficient.

I suppose all my problems caused by this LuckyPatcher, the tablet is nice, after searching for solutions, to solve problem 3, I should go to data/app folder and delete relevant app's odex file, but I can't seem to find any file inside that folder?

So I wonder whether the device already been rooted? If not rooted then how to root it? Does reinstall firmware will solve all the problems?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

Regards,
bizarreaster

Im having EXACTLY the same problem, googled every thing but still no fix, if anyone can give me a solutio to how i can fix this i will donate/pay them depending on how good the fi is i.e. not a temporary fix

kratirao

Sep 11, 2012
Im having EXACTLY the same problem, googled every thing but still no fix, if anyone can give me a solutio to how i can fix this i will donate/pay them depending on how good the fi is i.e. not a temporary fix

HEY,
I had a tablet with allwinner a13 boxchip, 512mb ram. It was on oem's android 4.0.4! O.E.M is swipe, its a california based company, who gets their devices made in china, so i will just say its a china made Tablet ;)

anyways i was facing the same problem, resetting after every single reboot, internal memory showing 0, and not possible to install any new apps cuz of insufficient memory! The company was not ready to repair it (i would say they dint know how to repair a chinese made tablet, they didnt even know how to turn it on). Somehow on the first day i got my tablet, i broke my top glass screen. They said the warranty was void and woudnt repair. I told them to screw and started off to repair it! So i am done repairing it, I have a new rom on it! HAPPY :)

Cons : autorotation wont work ( u can just disable rotation from settings), 3 touch buttons on the side wont work (no problem), touch might lag a bit at times, but rest the tablet runs smooth, internet works better than the stock rom.

pros : internal memory problem resolved (now u can install new apps third party), and ofcourse ull get a 2 step method on how to fix this type of tablets

HOW TO:

step 1 . download livesuit v 1.07 with drivers (a bit of googling would do)

step 2 . download the rom from http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...eneric-7-a13-android-4-0-4-hyper-edition.html, its a generic rom for all allwinner a13 tabs

dats all for download!

step 3 . now start live suit, say no, locate the cube icon on the top left, select your image file that u downloaded.

step 4 . make sure ur tab is turned off, with no lights turned on and disconnected, now connect otg to tab(not to computer) hold the vol + and connect it to the computer, soon after u connect start pressing power repeatedly (1 press/1 sec) u'll get a promt on ur screen, do yes and it will take 5 minutes!

Phone will reboot , (with a chinese logo :p) when it starts juz go to settings, languages and input and select English (US). There u go! Now u can check what all things are working, and share ur experience, mine was good! HOPE THE SAME FOR U! ALL THE BEST!

mumto3

Oct 25, 2012
I have just bought 1 of these and want to know if anyone knows how to reset it as when i turn it on it gets to the 3rd android screen and stays there,
any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in Advance

mumto3

Oct 25, 2012
Hi, i have purchased the Allwinner A13 and i restarted it as i felt the battery getting really warm and since then it won't load up past the android logo, is there any firmware i can download for it please?
and how do i put it onto the tablet?
thanks

mumto3

Oct 25, 2012
Hi,

I did all this but now i have touchscreen problems, e.g.when you touch top left hand screen it operates on the bottom right hand side, please could you give me any advice,
Thanks