almost embarrased to post, but close to giving up on this tablet :(

southernbelle

Jan 1, 2012
Hi, I am clueless about android ANYTHING, don't even have an android phone, but not on the "apple" bandwagon yet, either. Just very new to technology. period, lol

I got this Nextbook premium 7 tablet for Christmas, and have spent every free moment trying to educate myself on how to use on it. I am very ignorant about android, but I just google whatever I don't understand, and just try to figure it out as I go, & my searches always lead back to this site, so I decided to jump in and hope I don't appear too stupid, lol.

My nextbook came w/ SlideMe market for apps, but I don't like it, do I have to have an android phone to use Android market?

Also, whenever I do try to get apps from anywhere else, I get the same error message...somthing along the lines of No search found for: null. try different spelling...ect. WHY? I know this tablet isn't the best out there, but I thought for sure I could get basic apps?

I tried updating firmware from nextbook website, doesn't work, when/if it does download, it won't open when I attempt to open it....

Any help/advice/tips would be so greatly appreciated! I want to be "tech-savvy" but I feel like an 80 yr old lady, confused and overwhelmed by it, lol

greenwyvern

Aug 16, 2010
I believe you can also use the Amazon Appstore application on this device. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I haven't tried it but I think Appbrain should work also.

greenwyvern

Aug 16, 2010
My Nextbook serial no. is YF0911 instead of YF1011. Has it been established that Dochoppy's work will work on other serial numbers?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
not that i know but it might say some where in that thread i linked to or there might be another rom with market on it for your serial number

Cadicken

Feb 1, 2012
I am no tech wizard just a nextbook 7 owner. Yes the Amazon app market can be downloaded and works well.You do have to download the Amazon market before you can get any apps there. Did you make sure that the firmware update installed?

marep

Sep 22, 2012
othis keyboard won't let me edit so excuse my typos. the keyboard is so unpredictable. nextbook efun premium 8 was what i bought myself for $200 on hsn. the thing is already available at big lots for $80...it hasn't been " efun" for me as i try to figure out the problems too. contacted the techs at nextboojk who have said " guu cee sounds like you'll have to return it to us for inspction & maybe battery reuplacement" (but no info on who to send it to, how etc, i already paid too much & don't want to lose all my files & wonder if i'll even get it back?) don't want to pay for shipping either. i already spent too much on it in april. ( it hasn't been long buti learned i won't buy another nextbook. probably get an ipad. but they will only except ios files. the apk ones that work on nextbook
aren't compatible with ipad. so i realize you get what you pay for. but every tablet has its risks. if you drop it or theres a glitch- as in many machines you mwon't find out until later & you're already " attached' to it & enjoying the apps. i guess you will just have to roll with the punches when you use any mobile media. but i will certainy research an ipad too before purchasing. i have seen a lot of use ipads on craigslist so i'm sure as slick as they are- they probably have their problems too.
needless to say that was my first mistake. i should have done my typical research- but being new to tablets i didn't know what i was looking for. now that i know more- i will look for better features. if i had only waited i could have gotten an ipad for another $100. live & learn i guess. a few frustrating things about the nextbook is that - it doesn't allow you to access google play , take photos of other people without standing on ?your head, use it for very long . but i figure this is a learning machine. the battery doesn't lasr for longer than 2 hours. manual says 5. the charger needs to be replaced & camera n good unless you skype or want photos of yourself. nextone will have 2 cameras & longer battery life & will pallow google play. you can only use apps that are .apk so goole android .apk apps to find siteus that have them available many for free. put free in your search too. i don't like the keyboard or the' missing manual" either. next one will have better features- but i like the video, portbility & touch screen. i wonder if they even use focus groups to test their machines.?

Last edited: