Very Lost, Overwhelmed and Just Plain Not Understanding

vaskulus

Apr 7, 2012
Hello out there.
I've had an android phone for quite a while so I decided to buy a tablet.
I purchased the Nextbook Next7P (:: Welcome to NextbookUSA.com) because I read it was a good value.
Well, it doesn't come with Android Market or Android Play as it's called now, and when I go to the android market page with the unit plugged in via usb, it does not recognize the device. Do I need to purchase a license from Google or something to get it to recognize my device? Is it possible that some devices are hardware incompatible or not licensed for use on the Android Market? I don't know what I'm up against. I know it's running android 2.3, I'd also like information on how to possibly try to upgrade that. I'd really appreciate any help that you all can offer. And believe me I did try to find answers on the forums with search and I came up empty, maybe because I'm just so upset and frazzled. I feel like I bought a paperweight.

Thanks.

vaskulus

Apr 7, 2012
Ok I made a little progress, I went to amazon, was able to download amazon market place and install it, and then get today's free app which was a game called "Bounce" it's ludicrous but I ran it and the game installed properly and works. I did a little fishing around this site and found the mirror for the latest android market play.apk, installed that successfully, ran it, it produced a dialog (paraphrasing) you must associate an account with this application, would you like to? Yes/No, I click yes and the application aborts with no error message. And thank you for the help thus far.

vaskulus

Apr 7, 2012
One further question, is there an official site to download the latest version of the android OS, or do upgrades have to come from the manufacturer of your tablet?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
See vizio section on the forum for links to update. Yes you need a google account to d/load google play. If you have gmail account try using it as username.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

vaskulus

Apr 7, 2012
Oh it never provides a dialog box for you to enter your account information the app aborts as soon as you hit "yes" further, I scoured the vizio forums and used the search feature, no links for versions of the android OS.

Last edited:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Just did search & seems you're right..I don't own one of those tabs so I can't talk from experience but maybe a supporting vendor or vizio website may be able to help.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I,m assuming it is made by vizio, if not then ignore my advice & find out who makes it & try them for he'll

xxcalibur

Jun 20, 2010
See my post in some of the other threads in reference to getting apps to your nextbook. really simple alternative to dumping apps to your nextbook. Yes you need an android based phone or another android tablet that does in fact have access to the market..IE: toshiba thrive.