Always having to reconnect WIFI

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
It seems like every time I leave the tablet for a while I have to reconnect wifi. I haven't checked every scenario (sleep,power off, just leave it sit for a while) It just seems like I am constantly having to reconnect wifi. Is there a way to leave it connected or to have it connect automatically when I power up the device?
I did a search of the forum and looked back through the last 5 pages but didn't see any solution to this.

lotusflower

Dec 3, 2010
I use an app called batery booster. It has an option to turn wifi of when device is locked and turn wifi on when device is unlocked.

Thanks! Jao36 and Markus! I have the same problem from day one, and i was thinking that losing time getting connected is also battery waste as well.

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
Along the same line... does anyone know of a widget that would give you a reconnect now button? I loose connection every so often and it is annoying to have to wait for it to reconnect...

Sent from my Huawei S7.. :)

jjnagy

Dec 2, 2010
Have you tried WiFi Fixer? Not sure if its exactly what your looking for, but worth a try.

Along the same line... does anyone know of a widget that would give you a reconnect now button? I loose connection every so often and it is annoying to have to wait for it to reconnect...

Sent from my Huawei S7.. :)

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

DCLocal

Nov 25, 2010
Go into Settings>wireles&networks>Wi-Fi settings then press the menu button on left choose advanced from pop-up and select Wi-Fi sleep policy and select never.
I just checked mine and it is set to sleep when the screen turns off (I think it is the default setting) and I've never had an issue with it reconnecting when I go to use it. How does setting to "never sleep" impact battery life?