Amazon Free App of the Day

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'm really not into games either, so for me the selection has been very small.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Illusia is the 9/22 app.

Created by the makers of ZENONIA, ILLUSIA harkens back to the heyday of the great old-school RPGs such as Might and Magic, Bard's Tale, and Ultima. ILLUSIA is a side-scrolling RPG containing all the core elements of traditional role playing with anime-style graphics. Explore the world through quests, refine your gear, and unravel the secrets behind the mysterious tower of ILLUSIA.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm with Spider, most have been games but not too many I have been interested in. So the selection is great if you are a gamer or have kids but for those of us who are not there are gems once in a while. Some of my downloads:

Business Calendar
Days Left Widget Pro
Fancy Widget & Fancy Widget Pro
Kona's Crate
Plants vs. Zombies
Printshare Mobile
PhotoVault
PicSay Pro
Random Mahjong Pro
SwiftKey Keyboard
SwiftKey X
TuneIn Radio Pro
SuperBox Pro
Shazam Encore & SoundHound
The Impossible Game
Taskpad
ezPDF Reader
WP Clock Full

Some of these aren't so good for the Nook but if you have other Andorid devices they can be used on those instead. Overall I am very happy with the option to get some free apps.

JP

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
MLB.com At Bat 11 is the 9/23 app.

Your team. Your app. MLB.com At Bat 11, the award-winning Major League Baseball application, is live baseball--every pitch from every at bat--everywhere you are. Follow your favorite team all season with comprehensive, up-to-the-moment action.

MLB.com At Bat 11 lets you take your obsession for the national pastime to the next level, so you don't have to miss a single pitch. With access to live video broadcasts from MLB.TV, home and away audio broadcasts for every game, Gameday pitch-by-pitch coverage, in-progress video highlights, a cool "At the Ballpark" feature, and access to all the stats you could ever need, this app is a must-have for any serious Major League Baseball fan.

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
The Treasures of Montezuma 2

Welcome Back to the Jungle
Ancient Aztec secrets and riddles, plenty of magical artifacts, and three game modes await you in Treasures of Montezuma 2 for your Android phone. Combine pieces of the same color and complete missions within the given time for bonus scores and gold, which you spend on various upgrades. When you discover Aztec magic and gather all the precious jewels, you will rebuild the Heavenly City: Tenochtitlan.
Switch and Click
In The Treasures of Montezuma 2 is an all new match-three game with more levels, more challenges, and more fun. Charge up your totems and unleash special powers by making multiple token matches. Rack up a high score by activating Lightning Speed with a series of insanely fast matches. Finally, unlock trophies for performing amazing feats as you collect all of the gems on each level before your time runs out.

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
Handrite Note

You're in an important meeting or lecture when suddenly you realize--you forgot your pen or notebook! Or you're at a party and need to take down a phone number or an e-mail address. Don't trust your memory or try to scribble on a dry-cleaning receipt; the Handrite Note app is the solution you need.
The Write Move
Rather than trying to frantically type notes on your device keyboard, Handrite Note allows you to write with your finger right on your Android's screen. Each time you lift your finger, the character or symbol you wrote appears in the notebook interface. When you finish a word, just hit the space bar icon at the bottom of the screen. Hit Return if you want to move down to the next line. If you make a mistake, there's a simple backspace button to delete as many characters as you need to. You can also cut and paste with ease.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Cut the Rope is the 9/28 app.

When you see a mysterious package on your doorstep, you can't help but open it. Who wouldn't? But be warned: Once you open the box, there's no going back. You'll be instantly addicted to this premium version of Cut the Rope--a game in which you feed an adorable, candy-craving monster named Om Nom all the sweets he can eat.
Swipe your finger across the ropes to release delicious bundles of candy into his mouth. As you keep your new companion's sweet tooth satisfied, be sure to collect shiny gold stars to unlock new levels. Play through a range of different box types--Cardboard, Fabric, Gift Box, and others--each with interesting new gameplay mechanics to keep you coming back for more.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I had the Cut the Rope free and it wasn't 100% tablet compatible. Maybe this one is.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Symphony of Eternity is the 9/29 app.

In this epic RPG, you follow the adventures of a gallant young man and his golem companion as they roam the world in search of a legendary weapon. One day the pair rescues a solitary girl from a band of bloodthirsty monsters. Explaining that she is of royal blood and the sole survivor of a treacherous palace coup, the mysterious princess opts to join her rescuers on their journey for the magic weapon.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I got the handrite note app, thank you chris for mentioning it, I might have got it not from Amazon though, but I like it, is faster sometimes to scribble than to type.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1317334709858.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1317334709858.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 273

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
SportCaster Pro is the 9/30 app.

SportCaster Pro is an app that connects you directly with this brave new world, bringing you live college and pro sports with a social voice. Got a favorite NFL team? The app lets you flag the team (or teams, if you divide your loyalties) and then generates a Twitter feed with everything related to that team. This includes journalists, bloggers, fans, and those connected directly to the team, all commenting before, during, and after games. Or you can limit the feed to specific hashtags that you enter.

You can also follow a general Twitter feed for the NFL, college football, or a particular college conference. There's even a feed dedicated to tweets by the best fantasy sports experts. Never miss breaking news and be the first among your friends to know what's going on.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Graffiti Pro is the 10/1 app.

Do you find on-screen keyboards annoying and hard to use? Graffiti Pro for Android is an easy-to-learn, stroke-based handwriting recognition system that replaces the on-screen keyboard (also called an input method). Graffiti Pro for Android includes word suggestion, auto-capitalization at sentence start, word learning, and error correction. Graffiti supports Japanese and English input.