An 8" iPad in the Works?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
$kindle-ipad.jpg

So if Apple were to come too late to the table with an 8" iPad would Samsung paper-bomb them with restraining orders? The question may not be as odd as it seems. Rumors out of Taipei are talking about new test versions of the iPad circulating with an 8" form factor, significantly different from the standard 9.7" screen we have become used to.

Rumors from the region state that Apple is working with screen makers including Taiwan-based AU Optronics and LG Display and of South Korea to supply the test panels. If these devices make it to the market they would significantly increase the portfolio for Apple, falling in between the iPhone and iPad forms. As a standard practice it is not uncommon for Apple to try a couple of different configurations out, and this would place the iPad directly in competition with the devices from Samsung and Amazon. No real details other than size are available, but it is definitely something to keep our eyes on!

Source (Wall Street Journal, FoxNews)

Last edited by a moderator:

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
Not sure about restraining orders, but maybe apple is beginning to feel the heat. Even Amazon is openly targeting it in ads now...

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Android Tablet Forum

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
Has Steve been wrong before?

Maybe when he was around his opinions were enough to shape the market and its users. Without him the tablet world is surely different...

tabletjunki

Feb 14, 2012
This is a perfect time for apple to come out with another line of tablet. Up until now they really haven't had a lot of variation in the tablet space. I was actually thinking about that yesterday. Ironic timing. And yes, there will always be some type of restraining order / issue with a new product lol.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Like so many things. I will believe it when I see it.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum