Android 1.5 operating system Help please!

happir

Oct 4, 2010
I have just received my android apad and watched a youtube video to make sure I was getting the language set up properly. all went well. the only problem is that when I went in apts installer it is empty and says no apts found. the picture in the manual pg 19 shows 3 icons. apts installer, manager and exit. I bought it mostly to read ebooks but there is nothing to read the ebooks with. is there a factory reset that can be done or a recovery of files? I have contacted the seller but he has not gotten back to me. am I stuck with an apad that won't work? Please help!

Discription of my apad
APad is an computer tablet that runs on Android 1.5 operating system. It comes with a 7-inch wide touch screen with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels to provide a fantatic multimedia and internet experience. The APad is powered by 600 MHz Rockchip 2808A processor with 128 MB of RAM. It also comes with a microSD slot that supports from 2GB to 16GB and a Wi-Fi 802.11b / g connectivity, Google map via GPS Connection, accelerometer, USB ports, and supports a wide range of audio and video formats as well as images. The APad is the perfect companion for an easy network life.

Dimensions(HWD): 190.5×118.5×14.7mm
Weight: 332g
CPU Processor Speed: 600MHz/500 MHz DSP
Memory/ROM: 2 GB
Memory/RAM: 128MB+
Memory Slot: T-flash
Camera: 30W to 130W Pixels digital camera
Color Display: 7 inch TFT LCD with Resistance Touch Screen
Resolution: 800×480
Battery Type: rechargeable Polymer battery.
Battery Capacity: 3000mAh
USB: Yes, Mini USB 2.0
Speaker: Yes
G Sensor: Yes
I/O Ports: Mini USB 2.0, T-flash, 3.5mm headphone, In-built microphone.
Wireless Network: WiFi 80211b/g
Software: OS Android 1.5
Browser: Google Browser
Video: MKV(H.264 HP), AVI, RM, RMVB, FLV,MPEG-1, MPEG-2
Music: MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC, AAC, AC3,WAV
Photo: JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF
E-mail: G-mail
Google Map

Andromagic

Sep 28, 2010
This OS1.5 is a little bit of out-dated,actually, the android 1.6 is rare installed in tablet now.

As you mentioned above, if you want to update the OS, you have to check the hardware support the OS2.1 or not.

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
APK Installer is used to install .apk files you put on your SD card (or somewhere else in the file system). To download and install apps, you use Android Market, or if that's not present head over to slideme.org and/or read http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...1-how-side-load-apps-if-market-wont-work.html
There are plenty of apps that run perfectly fine on Android 1.5 - enough to keep you busy for years. To read eBooks, I recommend Aldiko.