Android 2.1 for 50$

Anand_2010

Aug 22, 2010
Hi,
I am getting 10.2" W18 wifi Epad Android 2.1 for $50 from China wholesale electronics with following specs
1Ghz CPU High speedCPU ZenithinkZT108.1.0Ghz
Memory 256M RAM
Storage Device 2GB NAND Flash Optional 4GB-32G
LCD Size: 10.2 inch TFT LCD with resistance touch screen, single point touch (resistive)
Resolution 1024*600 Pixels

Sounds great deal but I am not sure how this device can be available for such a low price. Does some one know about "China Wholesale electronics"

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I have never heard of one of those for that cheap where are you purchasing it from? and are you just buying one or a wholesale lot?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
ok so you peaked my interest and i did some searching all i could find were reviews for the prototype of this device and in most of the articles were mentioned the 35 dollar tablet rumor (that still might come true) so please can you share the link so we all can look into it

Anand_2010

Aug 22, 2010
Here is the link for this product. I had online chat with this manufacturer, I asked him how he can give such great deal, he told they are factory owners and give best deals.
Wholesale-20% discount sale!! Fast Shipping*10.2" W18 wifi Epad Google Android 2.1 system one year warranty* Best

charles

Aug 18, 2010
I just went to this site and noticed that that was a shipping charge, how ever there was a link to a free shipping version. Wholesale-Free shipping 10.2" W18 wifi Epad Google Android 2.1 system one year warranty.
Two questions, is there free shipping? Has anyone dealt with this company before and if so how was the experience?
Also, does this ship with the official market?

Squirrel61

Aug 29, 2010
I just went to this site and noticed that that was a shipping charge, how ever there was a link to a free shipping version. Wholesale-Free shipping 10.2" W18 wifi Epad Google Android 2.1 system one year warranty.
With free shipping, the unit price is roughly equal to the lot price of the non-free shipping version, which makes it roughtly 3 times more expensive. Besides, free shipping is not available for all countries.

It price per lot. 1 lot 3 pieces, $46.66 - 48.66 / piece

Keep in mind that you have to add the shipping price and customs declarations costs. Shippings like this will usually not go unnoticed, the courier service will add the customs. With courier services, there is no "free as gift" shipping.

Keeping these things in mind, it's still an interesting offer and I'm seriously considering buying 1 lot. Especially since they accept Paypal, which makes it pretty safe. EMS shipping takes less than 1 week worldwide, so there's plenty of time to make a Paypal claim in case anything goes wrong.

Last edited:

ksurtees

Aug 23, 2010
Keeping these things in mind, it's still an interesting offer and I'm seriously considering buying 1 lot. Especially since they accept Paypal, which makes it pretty safe. EMS shipping takes less than 1 week worldwide, so there's plenty of time to make a Paypal claim in case anything goes wrong.

You're not wrong!

Let me know how you get on if you do decide to buy this lot. Im looking at buying a ZT-180 myself but if I can get 3 for £30 (+ customs) more than the price of 1 it makes more sense to buy 2 more and ebay them.

Kind Regards
Kris

ksurtees

Aug 23, 2010
Okay, I just had a chat to the guy on Aliexpress, the listing is wrong

He hasn't realised the listing was for 3 pieces per lot, the price on there is the price for 1 tablet, not 3!

Shame because that would have been a real profit spinner!

Kris

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Okay, I just had a chat to the guy on Aliexpress, the listing is wrong

He hasn't realised the listing was for 3 pieces per lot, the price on there is the price for 1 tablet, not 3!

Shame because that would have been a real profit spinner!

Kris

Bummer but if you can pay the free shipping one with out having to pay customs on this end that would still be a good deal but thats a gable and can end up costing a lot of money

Squirrel61

Aug 29, 2010
Too late, they discovered their mistake and changed their ad. Now it's $139.99-145.99/piece. I haven't had the chance to order the lot offer, because I was still doubting about it. What seems too good to be true, usually is.

Btw. the name "ePad" is used by many mfgrs. I know that the Flytouch ePad (which this isn't, this is a Wise W18 ePad) can be updated and hacked with a working "market" and the other ones usually not.

The real mfgr of this "Wise W18 ePad" is also advertising on Alibaba for prices which are similar to this single piece offer (like this). That was one of the things that made me doubt about ordering.

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
Purchased a couple of these from eBay & for the price they look half decent. Having that said, they're not very user friendly when it comes to deleting sync apps like Facebook, email etc... I can't delete the personal data off the device. Tried dragging the app to the trash can, tried editing it from privacy-app management, but it won't let me delete anything. Does anyone know how to do this? been trying for a couple hours now & can't get anywhere with this.

Thanks FTANL :confused: