Help with Bricked Epad

mok

Apr 4, 2011
Hi all, I just used about two days with my new Epad and it bricked.
No mods, no new Roms, anything weird, just use it with the factory installed software and apps.

When Epad turns on, the EPAD logo appears, then the little linux penguin, and then and last, a blank screen with the message A N D R O I D _

I've read MANY MANY forums, blogs, etc. The Gold Aliexpress seller don't say anything about it. No answers.

Y have tried to reset pressing power+menu, or power+menu+vol-, etc... all the combinations. There aren't meny keys, so the combinations are few. The recovery menu doesn't appear.

The burning tools simply don't start flashing. All versions, 7.1, 7.2, 7.4, 7.5...
No Rom seems fit on it. No way to read the SD to load a ROM.

The Epad has a InfoTMIC x210 CPU (I have open it), 256 MB, 4GB, 10"

I don't know how much to say, I have spent about two weeks trying to solve it, but I can't.

Now, the golden seller from Aliexpress:
HK WISE TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is Google Android 2.1 laptop Fast Shipping 10.2" wifi W18 netbook touch screen zt-180 wholesale

NOTE: The item description says "CPU ZenithinkZT108.1.0Ghz" this is FALSE, it has the InfoTMIC x210 CPU, seen by me.

Thank you in advance!

mok

Apr 4, 2011
:(

Don't work this procedure.

Burntool bottom log says:
[Nboot_DestAddr: 0x40200000 strNboot_DestAddr: 0x40200000]
Opened successfully.
Opened successfully.
[SUCCESS: ReadFile otgtype:(0) hRead:(0x180)]
[SUCCESS: CreateFile]
[Memory Allocation! txBuf = 0x1190020 ]
[UsbTxFile start! run_addr=0x40200000]

But the progress bar doesn't go more to 0%.

After a while the epad restarts with the same issue. :(:(:(

Any suggestion?

mok

Apr 4, 2011
Trying with Wince and the same result:

viewer.php

:(

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
OK the pictures on your link are of the Zenithink 180, how many usb and SD memory card slots have you on your tablet? And what order are they in?

The Flytouch and variants have two of each, where as the ZT180 has only one SD slot, and a different layout of the connections

mok

Apr 4, 2011
OK the pictures on your link are of the Zenithink 180, how many usb and SD memory card slots have you on your tablet? And what order are they in?

The Flytouch and variants have two of each, where as the ZT180 has only one SD slot, and a different layout of the connections

Yes the pics are from a Zenithnik 180, externaly is just like mine. Only the box is diffrent, black instead white :)

epad1.jpg

Mine has one SD microSD card.

Two USB pots, with the same orden and position in the pics:
zenithink-epad-2.jpg

Mar 20, 2011
sorry Mok i do believe you may have to do a full factory reset as it appears these ROM's are not for your tablet

Flytouch_2_iPad_8_inch_GPS_Android_2_1_1080P_3D_Games_1GB_CPU_Tablet_PC.jpg

your pad should look like this for these ROM's

NOTE:

* 2X USB slots
* 2X Micro SD slots (capped at 32gb EACH)
* HDMI micro output
* Ethernet slot with raised "bump"
* Many from this unit type also have GPS functionality

Last edited:

mok

Apr 4, 2011
Thanks, but how can I do the "full factory reset"? any tutorial? :confused:

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks, but how can I do the "full factory reset"? any tutorial? :confused:

Did you get yours to work afterwards? if so, what steps did you take?

If you have the ZT180 version I think there's a mini usb port on it..I used my sony camera usb cable to connect to my PC & do the firmware update. It was very simple.

My Flytouch II powers on...shows Infomtic logo...then the penguin..then android 2.1_ then the ANDROID logo for 5 seconds..then the screen goes black..any ideas?

I've charged the battery, tried the factory reset method, but it just shows the count down from 5 and hangs at 1...suppose to load firmware setup menu:mad:

I'm guessing I'll need to manually update the firmware. I know there are several how to guides from the pro's, but I'm a complete noob & would like a dummy proof how to guide if possible.

Wowpad
0.6.1.5 (559)
I believe it was running the new android 2.1 (3245) has the apple looking power on/off on the touch screen

I can't tell you much more about the device. Hopefully someone can spoon feed me something..lol
Thanks ftanl

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
NEVER MIND! I finally got the OS reinstalled without loading new firmware.. The process the seller provided was totally wrong, but after hours of reading & troubleshooting, I've finally lucked into the proper key combination..

sawee pad
android 2.1
kernel 2.6.32.9

mok

Apr 4, 2011
NEVER MIND! I finally got the OS reinstalled without loading new firmware.. The process the seller provided was totally wrong, but after hours of reading & troubleshooting, I've finally lucked into the proper key combination..

sawee pad
android 2.1
kernel 2.6.32.9

Please, could you post the procedure, keys combination...?

mok

Apr 4, 2011
Did you get yours to work afterwards? if so, what steps did you take?

If you have the ZT180 version I think there's a mini usb port on it..I used my sony camera usb cable to connect to my PC & do the firmware update. It was very simple.

My Flytouch II powers on...shows Infomtic logo...then the penguin..then android 2.1_ then the ANDROID logo for 5 seconds..then the screen goes black..any ideas?

I've charged the battery, tried the factory reset method, but it just shows the count down from 5 and hangs at 1...suppose to load firmware setup menu:mad:

I'm guessing I'll need to manually update the firmware. I know there are several how to guides from the pro's, but I'm a complete noob & would like a dummy proof how to guide if possible.

Wowpad
0.6.1.5 (559)
I believe it was running the new android 2.1 (3245) has the apple looking power on/off on the touch screen

I can't tell you much more about the device. Hopefully someone can spoon feed me something..lol
Thanks ftanl

No I didn't get it :(

I try to do what you say but nothing works. It stalls at 0% in the burning process, as the pic above shows.

pimentell

Apr 17, 2011
Guys, this is my first post here on the forum. I would like to congratulate you for the wonderful job, and expose my experience with the tablets of the "Infotmic".

My tablets are the same of the user "mok". They're booting normally, including all the sounds of running Android system, but it's screen is black. The touchscreen does not work too. I think this is a video driver problem, but how install it?

I have tried all methods to rewrite the original system, including using the "Burning Tool" and "IUW" but these tools are for the original ZT-180, and are not intended for him.

Here some pictures of him attached:

$SDC10434.JPG$SDC10435.JPG$SDC10443.JPG$SDC10441.JPG$SDC10440.JPG

Last edited:

mok

Apr 4, 2011
Hi pimentell, I only confirm that my epd is JUST like yours.
Same chipset and electronics. Even the double battery.

Nice pics! I hope this help.

PD: Where did you buy it?