Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

Oct 10, 2011
I sure hope you're right Grug but most current tablets and even newer phones are coming out with dual core processors and at least a gig of system RAM.

Windows 7 works very well on older machines that used to have XP that were bought with 1 or 2 gig ram.

XP had a longer than usual run before the release of the dreaded Vista. I can remember the earliest budget XP machines were being sold with 800 mhz processors and 128 meg of RAM. :)

ibob

Dec 12, 2011
Its amazing that Root is not available on this thing yet. Stinks can't wifi tether this Vizio with my rooted Droid Charge.

I apologize in advance if this is not what your looking for but a quick google search found this:

[ROOT][HOWTO][MULTIOS] Howto root your VIZIO vTab1008 the easy way - xda-developers

this is a guide on how to root your vtab to windows7

I'm absolutely new to the tablet/smart phone world so if this is not what your looking for again i apologize.

tlyonstlyons

Nov 29, 2011
I apologize in advance if this is not what your looking for but a quick google search found this:

[ROOT][HOWTO][MULTIOS] Howto root your VIZIO vTab1008 the easy way - xda-developers

this is a guide on how to root your vtab to windows7

I'm absolutely new to the tablet/smart phone world so if this is not what your looking for again i apologize.

That only works if you have not performed that lastest Vizio 1.5 update. Sadly, 1.5 is the only currently available update and the 1.4 fixed the laggy slowness of the VTab that earned the poor reviews. So out of the box, you can choose laggy and no update; or the 1.5 update and no root.