Android and "Box" problem

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
UK here

Hi, this is my cheapie tablet :- [h=1]GoTab 6 inch Android 4.0 Tablet with Google Play and 4GB Storage[/h]
For the moment it serves my purpose. Elsewhere I read that there was an app called "pocket" which would allow you to download things to it, to read when you were out of a wifi area. As I searched for more information, I discovered that on my tablet was something similar called "box". I registered on the site and the widgit appeared.

To test it, I went to sky news and selected a news item, I clicked on a symbol and was given to option to share on twitcher/gmail/box. I highlighted box and it said downloading. I followed through with two more downloads, one from BBC the other from OK magazine.

On my home page I clicked on the box widgit. It opened showing the three items I'd downloaded.

A message appeared saying "no installation application can open this file". So, what have I done wrong? I will welcome any suggestions.

If you feel you know of an easy app to use that would not give me problems, maybe you will tell me please. It is bedtime here in UK but will follow through tomorrow.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I use Pocket and it sounds to me that Pocket will do what you need it to. If I'm reading something on my tablet and want to explore it more later I hit "share" then Pocket. Then I can view it on my desktop. It doesn't really download anything AFAIK but it is a super convenient way to save something to be able to access it later.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
Being from the older generation, I tend to either get confused or I don't understand. Let me say from the onset that I have installed Pocket, tested it and fully understand it will do exactly what I want, save anything to read when out of wifi range.

As for the Box thing, that seemingly is a storage box which is in the "cloud". Not something I want or need to understand yet. No doubt the three items saved, will be in the "cloud", well they can stay there.