android market apps says not installed

amrs

Jan 14, 2012
I accepted and installed a system upgrade last night and was fairly pleased with some of the changes, however, my android market app (whick still shows its icon) when I tap says that "application is not installed"

clearly I am not smart enough to reinstall. Any help?

OneZeoN

Jan 16, 2012
Just hold the icon and "remove " it by dragging to the top right.

Then go into your "apps" and drag the market icon back to where you want it and it will work :)
the update just kills the old one so just remove and re do it and all should work again

richardlim31

Mar 28, 2012
Just hold the icon and "remove " it by dragging to the top right.

Then go into your "apps" and drag the market icon back to where you want it and it will work :)
the update just kills the old one so just remove and re do it and all should work again

hi please help me where is this "apps" u mention for me to drag the market icon back i dont seem to find it.

thanks

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
you need to open tjhe app tray - that's the icon that looks like a grid and it opens the page where all your apps are lshown

hi please help me where is this "apps" u mention for me to drag the market icon back i dont seem to find it.

thanks

cmspruill

Jul 29, 2012
i have a similar issue. when i try to drag it as you suggested theremove / delete appears in the place where apps icon sat. can you help me out??

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Please try again. Your post made little sense. What exactly are you trying to do? Deleting apps from your homescreen is simple. Just drag to the top and you'll see a trashcan icon appear.

LoisJJensen

Dec 12, 2012
I have the same problem, and also when I try to click on the market icon at the top right hand of my apps it says "No connection. Retry." I did what the suggestion here said, and I dragged the android market to the top right hand to remove and then I went into apps and tried to drag the market icon down but it wouldn't drag. Also, I was having trouble with my Barnes & Noble Nook app so I removed it to reinstall it but when I tried to reinstall it from the Barnes and Noble website, it thinks it is still installed and won't let me reinstall it. I think I may be having these problems because I need a software update, but when I try to do a software update, nothing happens. Please help.