Android Market says "starting Download..." but it never completes...

hughdman

Dec 15, 2010
Greetings!

I'm on my second ePad. I dropped the first one (a 7"- they do not bounce) so I replaced it with a 10.2" Zenithink ZT-180

After unpacking it I decided to download the Kindle app (the main reason I bought it). Android Market says "starting Download..." but it never completes... I assume it may be an issue with my default gmail account (I'm just guessing). I'd hate to flash the ROM (it already has the latest) to end right back in the same place. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the firewall on my wireless controller.... Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Hugh

PS-

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
Greetings!

I'm on my second ePad. I dropped the first one (a 7"- they do not bounce) so I replaced it with a 10.2" Zenithink ZT-180

After unpacking it I decided to download the Kindle app (the main reason I bought it). Android Market says "starting Download..." but it never completes... I assume it may be an issue with my default gmail account (I'm just guessing). I'd hate to flash the ROM (it already has the latest) to end right back in the same place. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the firewall on my wireless controller.... Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Hugh

PS-

1) if you can access the a webpage thru the browser then the firewall is okay, so see if your internet connection works
2) i get the starting download and it just takes a while like a few minutes sometimes, try it again
3) you can test your gmail account by seeing if you get a connection to the gmail thru the email app

hughdman

Dec 15, 2010
It did turn out to be a firewall issue. I went home to my plain vanilla wireless and all the apps downloaded fine.