Android OS on a Dell D600 Laptop ?

KKen

Jan 12, 2011
I would like to know if Android can be put a a Dell D600 Laptop.
Since I returned my Panimage and I wait for something better to come along
to run the programs I like, I am having Andriod withdrawal symptoms.

I downloaded Android Live CD and it sort of works but I don't think anything can
be saved. Your sort of in a virtual mode. I would like to know if I can install
it on a hard drive and actually use it like a tablet minus the touch screen.
Download the market, install programs etc.
Also curious if this can be done, what OS would it be? I think it would be cool
to do this to test different OS wit different programs to learn what works and what
does not.

Ken

KKen

Jan 12, 2011
Wow, I have been playing with a usb boot version of 1.6 but I can see 2.2 so I will download it.
At this point I am not sure if this installs on the PC hard drive or usb and boots off USB

Ken

KKen

Jan 12, 2011
I have tried Live CD 1.6 and 2.2 and found at least on my Dell not much actually works. Most downloads I could not install
using the included market. I did download a internet radio program that worked when I had my Panimage but didn't work
on my Dell D600 laptop.
I am guessing this is nothing more than letting you see what Android on a Laptop or PC might look like but that's about
as far as it will go, however.. I was able to surf the internet with the browser.

Ken

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
The ports for pc are not complete and won't work like a normal androids device I had 1.6 installed on my asus netbook over a year ago and it was cool but not very many functions at all. What you should try is youwave

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum