Android Tablet Gift for Dad

alphaace1

May 20, 2012
Hi,

My dad is a mainframe programmer and so a lot of the time he spends reading these massive pdf documentation documents. I want to get him a tablet that he can just load all these up on and then read them without carrying around all the paper. Knowing him, he won't be that big into the actual apps (games, etc..) but he probably will use it for email and some light internet browsing. If the tablet has a microphone and camera that would be a plus as he would skype but it's not critical. Lastly, I'd like it to have an ebook reader but I'm assuming I can just download them from the android store.

What are some recommendations you guys would make under $250 dollars? What about under $200? Clearly, screen size is probably the biggest factor in reading pdfs...

Thank you for your help!

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi,

My dad is a mainframe programmer and so a lot of the time he spends reading these massive pdf documentation documents. I want to get him a tablet that he can just load all these up on and then read them without carrying around all the paper. Knowing him, he won't be that big into the actual apps (games, etc..) but he probably will use it for email and some light internet browsing. If the tablet has a microphone and camera that would be a plus as he would skype but it's not critical. Lastly, I'd like it to have an ebook reader but I'm assuming I can just download them from the android store.

What are some recommendations you guys would make under $250 dollars? What about under $200? Clearly, screen size is probably the biggest factor in reading pdfs...

Thank you for your help!

Hi alphaace1, welcome to the forum.
For a tablet PC mainly for reading PDFs, i think a large screen would be better, so how do you think about the Zenithink ZT-280 C91? it can meet all your requirements, under $200, and it's also a reputable tablet among the market. you can have a look! Good luck! :)

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hi,

Thank you for your help!

Hi alphaace1, Cube U9GT2 is the tablet for your dad. 10 inch capacitive screen is convenient for E-book reading and dual camera is easy to use when Skyping.

alphaace1

May 20, 2012
Hi,

Thank you for the two suggestions. Both look quite nice :). Upon some reading however, it seems that both have a problem with netflix. Is there a tablet that would support that as well? Thank you!