Android Tablet Will Not Go Into Recovery Mode

hittinit

Nov 24, 2012
I just bought a new 16GB 1GB DDR3 10" Inch Android 4.0 Capacitive Tablet HDMI Dual Camera A10 Core. OS i think is 4.0.4. i am trying to put it in recovery mode, power button and vol down when i do that, it just boots up normally. Then i go into settings and there is a recovery mode section, i press that, it reboots but not into download mode. It will reboot into a different recovery mode that only gives me one option "system reboot now" no matter what i have tried i cant get it into recovery mode, i have read where it says to press vol up and power button still nothing, it seems as though my tablet wont respond to the vol up or down along with power button. Not sure what i can do... any help would be awesome, thanks in advance

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I just bought a new 16GB 1GB DDR3 10" Inch Android 4.0 Capacitive Tablet HDMI Dual Camera A10 Core. OS i think is 4.0.4. i am trying to put it in recovery mode, power button and vol down when i do that, it just boots up normally. Then i go into settings and there is a recovery mode section, i press that, it reboots but not into download mode. It will reboot into a different recovery mode that only gives me one option "system reboot now" no matter what i have tried i cant get it into recovery mode, i have read where it says to press vol up and power button still nothing, it seems as though my tablet wont respond to the vol up or down along with power button. Not sure what i can do... any help would be awesome, thanks in advance

No ideal what you are doing, the tablet is working as expected, This "It will reboot into a different recovery mode that only gives me one option "system reboot now" is recovery mode. Your tablet correctly boots into recovery, so what are you trying to do, apparently not get into recovery mode.

Last edited:

hittinit

Nov 24, 2012
i am trying to put it in recovery mode, or i should say a recovery mode/ downloading mode to root my android tablet

hittinit

Nov 24, 2012
No ideal what you are doing, the tablet is working as expected, This "It will reboot into a different recovery mode that only gives me one option "system reboot now" is recovery mode. Your tablet correctly boots into recovery, so what are you trying to do, apparently not get into recovery mode.

since i am new to tablets, from what i read i need to put it in a recovery mode to have ability to download in order to begin to root my tablet and since i cant get past that, i cant go any further unless there is a diff way to go about rooting

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
i am trying to put it in recovery mode, or i should say a recovery mode/ downloading mode to root my android tablet

Honestly I have no clue what you are doing, I root and develop for all types of androids, never heard of what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to flash livesuite?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Most tablets are rooted via adb, which doesn't require any mode just requires adb to be installed and working.

Can you post a link to where you got your tablet, so i can see what type it is.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Most allwinners come rooted out of the box, are you sure it's not rooted?

hittinit

Nov 24, 2012
I believe this tablet is already rooted.

ok how can i find out for sure if its rooted or not, is there something in settings i can look for to find out for sure?, Also is a rooted tablet the same thing as a jailbreak on an iphone? thanks

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
download terminal from market

type

su

if rooted you will see

#

yes rooted is same as jailbreak

hittinit

Nov 24, 2012
download terminal from market

type

su

if rooted you will see

#

yes rooted is same as jailbreak

do you have a direct download link for Android Terminal Emulator, its not letting me download it because i have access some white shopping bag icon on my tablet, thanks, also i did a factory reset on my tablet when i was having problems would that delete the root part if it was on there when i receivec the tablet?, thanks in advance

hittinit

Nov 24, 2012
ok i was able to download it, but the msg said email was sent to my device how do i retrieve it from my tablet and download it??, thanks