Any one have information on loading Andriod 3.1 on Pan Digital Star.

jasonskids

Dec 7, 2011
I have purchased three Pan Digital Stars for my kids. Son 9 and twin girls 8. It is a starter tablet for them and me. I have noted that Android 2.3 that it has will not allow connection to Android Market. Any advice on how to get to market on this tablet?

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi jasonskids,

Welcome to the board, glad you could join us. As far as I know it's a no go on both of your questions. The Star won't be getting a Honeycomb update nor will it be able to access the Android Market. You can most likely get to the Amazon App store though, so maybe that will be of use to you. It's not a matter of the Operating system being why it can't reach the Android Market, it's because Pandigital struck a deal with Getjar to use their market instead of paying google for access to the official market. Hope this helps. :)

Wolfy_X2

Dec 14, 2011
I have the pandigital star. I was able to get android marketplace working with the files/procedure on this walkthrough for the Coby Kyros:

I am working on rooting this so I can change the device in the build.prop file to be a compatible one so I can download all apps from the marketplace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
That's great Wolfy_X2, I am glad you got it working. That technique was actually for another brand of tablet and the coby's have been able to utilize it too. Glad to hear it will not brick the Pandigital Star to use. :)