ANY Tablet (with camera) successfully use TANGO?

synaptyc

Sep 22, 2010
No takers?
Surely there has to be someone on this forum that has a tablet with a camera in it =)

Wraith

Oct 17, 2010
Very interested in this topic as well. Android has a short supply of good video chat programs, and Tango is one of the new hard hitters in video chatting. It looks like you have to download specific APK's for each device you use, and I havent seen ANY tablets on their webpage.

Anyone want to try anyway for us?

ambrose

Apr 16, 2011
Hey gang,
Anyone out there own a tablet with a camera that can test the TANGO video call application?
I am very interested to see if anyone has success with any type of video call using a tablet. VOIP style preferred.

!!!
I have been in touch with Tango and they are developing a package for tablets. Don't know when but they have promised to keep me posted.

drdatavault

Apr 30, 2011
I have been in touch with Tango and they are developing a package for tablets. Don't know when but they have promised to keep me posted.

I have tested Tango with Hauwei S7 Ideos Tablet running android 2.1 and 2.2.2 and tango works great with front camera :)

hungrywolf

Feb 7, 2012
I've tested Tango on my ASUS Transformer Prime but after an upgrade it tells me that it has not be able to verify my tablet and I can't get Tangoed anymore.
Bit upset over this

koridawn

Feb 12, 2012
I have an ASUS Transformer Prime and used this method to access Tango on my tablet with success.

My only complaint is that if you use Video Chat, the other person is displayed rather grainy,as the application's video dimensions were made for phone screens only.

Feel free to email me if you have questions.

KD