Anybody have the 3.1 update yet?

theallspark

Jun 5, 2011
hey guys, just wondering if anybody here received the 3.1 update yet? coz I heard that acer will be rolling out the update today (June 23,2011) right? care to share some noticeable difference?

Thanks guys! :)

v62cobra

May 1, 2011
The Xoom is getting it as well.... in Europe. I think that they are the lab rat before it hits U.S. shores.....

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Nothing here yet. I'm mildly interested, but frankly haven't seen any "numerous bugs" that are worth worrying about, since there will be always be bugs.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
looks like China is getting the update first.

Allegedly.

Wait for the official push. Who knows what that "leaked 100% real" version on XDM is. Reading the thread I can see a lot of problems.

There is nothing earth shattering in the next update that you can't live without for a few days.

achebee4you

Jun 4, 2011
Ill be travelling to italy with layover in munich can I do an ota

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

LTCSZ

Jun 6, 2011
Will I have to do anything or will I be notified of the update automatically since I have "Auto Update" turned on? Thanks,

Steve

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You should get it automatically, although it might be a little later (hours) than if you check Setting / about tablet/ system update.

In the past, on android devices, I've had updates show up when I checked, even though I had auto-check turned on. I think it only checks once ever so many hours or something.

It will be all over these boards when it finally pushes out, so you aren't likely to miss it.

Sledge

Jun 11, 2011
can't even install the last update that shows up as available.. always fails to install.. i hope i can install 3.1 when it's out

ArtTJ

May 26, 2011
Let me give you all a tip, the reason why you cannot update or sometimes install is becuase you don't have enough free space on internal memory, have at least 2.5 gb free, otherwise it will not install programs or updates, try it.

Sledge

Jun 11, 2011
Let me give you all a tip, the reason why you cannot update or sometimes install is becuase you don't have enough free space on internal memory, have at least 2.5 gb free, otherwise it will not install programs or updates, try it.

My 8gb sdcard is almost empty, the OTA update currently available to me 1.139.04 is 29mb or so.
not rooted, as far as i know, nothing removed either.. just stock standard iconia as bought from store... with a few apps downloaded... update fails
i tried without the sdcard in as well.. same thing