Anyone have a favorite comic app?

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
I took a look at your link - that is a very impressive app. I haven't found something that does all that for I tried a few, and found JJComic to be the closest. There is a store / app which is awesome, (android comic viewer?), but it only works on the stuff you get frmo them, not your collection.

Last edited:

rdu90

Nov 7, 2011
Comicrack has been released for android. Has anyone tried it yet? I'm getting my Thrive today so I wanted to know if anyone had any impressions.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Just tried ComicRack and it does what I want, how I want it. Another option...with tons of features, but too many for me is PerfectViewer. I recommend either one. Then again, I just started reading comics on my NC this afternoon, so my opinion is initial impression only.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Updated to the newest version of ComicRack and it is a major fail. Can't seem to get it to turn just a single page. It jumps randomly through the comic or goes to the next in the folder. Seems completely at random as I've set one specific area to turn the page and am only pressing that one area....yet all those issues. I went to Droid Comic Viewer, but I'm not happy about the lack of image correction options the other two have.

I'll check out Comixology.

comicbrain

Dec 27, 2011
Updated to the newest version of ComicRack and it is a major fail. Can't seem to get it to turn just a single page. It jumps randomly through the comic or goes to the next in the folder. Seems completely at random as I've set one specific area to turn the page and am only pressing that one area....yet all those issues. I went to Droid Comic Viewer, but I'm not happy about the lack of image correction options the other two have.

That's what you get when you want to save 5 bucks and install a hacked version. If I where you I would try the free version from the Android Market.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
That's what you get when you want to save 5 bucks and install a hacked version. If I where you I would try the free version from the Android Market.
And leave yourself open for Trojans and such as well with a Hacked version. ACV works great for me.

comicbrain

Dec 27, 2011
And leave yourself open for Trojans and such as well with a Hacked version. ACV works great for me.

The point was that he installed a hacked version (Trojans and so on). The "rapidshare" version of ComicRack has the behavior he described. My point was exactly that he should use the version from the Android Market.