Anyone having scaling issues over HDMI

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
I have a higher end sony hdtv and the only way to get the tablet to display properly I had to dig deep in the settings and set some overscan setting to -1 if I remember correctly. With that set it seems to scale perfectly but it took me a while to find the setting. I was just curious if other people on other tv's have similar issues. Mine also is only 720p but looks gorgeous.

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
I think I have the same issue. Some of the screen is cut off. Did you change settings on the Iconia or the TV?

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
It was a setting buried in my TV menu. I'd have to check but I think it was some sort of over scan adjustment.

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
We have no hdmi settings on the A500. My Toshiba 46" has a pic size setting I have to change when plug in the A500. It defaults to a zoomed setting and I have set it to native.

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
My sony tv defaults to full. It seems that full is the pic size setting that is the closest. My tv still doesn't see the outside 1/4" of what you would see on the tablet. On the tv it looks like it's missing much more that is why I had to dig in the tv settings and find that function that fixed it. It's good to hear your Toshiba seems to work fine, maybe it's just my tv. By chance is your toshiba native 720p or 1080p?

Last edited:

robdroid

May 4, 2011
My sony tv defaults to full. It seems that full is the pic size setting that is the closest. My tv still doesn't see the outside 1/4" of what you would see on the tablet.
My 48" Samsung LED LCD does the same thing, the very edges of the tablet screen are cutoff when shown on the TV screen. Doesn't really bother me though.