Anyone know anything about this one?

Jstn7477

Feb 9, 2012
After using 4.0.3 for a day, I decided to flash back to the stock Gingerbread 8GB/2MP ROM after finding some weird quirks with a few apps and the lack of any Flash support slightly depressing. While the GUI is much better in 4.0.3, I decided I'd rather have 100% hardware and app compatibility with my tab, especially since most phones on the market use 2.3.x still.

Auztin

Jan 11, 2012
skelman: that market doesnt like something in one of the files in the permissions folder i have ics now with that market and tried that trick but market doesnt like it to fix restore /system/etc/permissions

anyways i have ics 4.0.3 now and its pretty nice
pros
nicer UI
more features
seems faster
faster bootup
cell icon goes away when wifi is off (lolwut)

cons
some apps that worked on gingerbread dont work here but other apps work
flash doesnt work

Last edited:

stinkeye22

Feb 4, 2012
Man, this is the second one now have ordered from newegg and neither has been as advertised. This time it was supposed to be an A8 cpu & wasnt. The ram is lower quite a bit and it doesnt even have the Iview os on it. Am I the only one with this?

MarcelJV

Jan 25, 2012
Does anyone know if this tablet works with the: [h=1]HDE 7" Tablet Stand with USB Keyboard[/h]
Thanks.

hawksledge

Mar 10, 2012
Hello All,

I recently bought my 760TPC. It is a 8G version with updated firmware apparently, since the camera seems to work ok.
I managed to get the phone and telephony files referenced in previous posts renamed to .old, and rebooted (multiple times). However, when I check the battery status screen it still shows cell standby as consuming 78%. The bar below is green.

I've read through all the posts here, and I shouldn't have to do anything else. What's the deal?

Thanks.
Jerry

MarcelJV

Jan 25, 2012
Hello All,

I recently bought my 760TPC. It is a 8G version with updated firmware apparently, since the camera seems to work ok.
I managed to get the phone and telephony files referenced in previous posts renamed to .old, and rebooted (multiple times). However, when I check the battery status screen it still shows cell standby as consuming 78%. The bar below is green.

I've read through all the posts here, and I shouldn't have to do anything else. What's the deal?

Thanks.
Jerry

make sure to fully charge your table.
Then unplug the tablet and then start it up on battry power.
Use the battery app burried in settings to see battery use.

EggsTyrone

Jan 21, 2012
Does anyone know if this tablet works with the: HDE 7" Tablet Stand with USB Keyboard
Thanks.
I am also curious to know the answer. Does anyone have experience with this? Is there any reason why a USB keyboard would not work?

This tablet is GREAT, by the way. I have been using it daily for about 1 month and have NO complaints.

hawksledge

Mar 10, 2012
make sure to fully charge your table.
Then unplug the tablet and then start it up on battry power.
Use the battery app burried in settings to see battery use.

Thanks, that did the trick...
There are 2 other things I'm struggling with though:
1. Nothing seems to work through the USB port.
I tried a case with keyboard I use on my Archos 70, and multiple flash drives. It doesn't recognize or mount them at all. I'm wondering if the mini-USB to standard USB host cable that came with it is bad. Has anyone else had trouble using USB devices? If I connect it to the laptop using that cable I am able to mount it as a USB storage device, and can read the files on it.
2. Is there a way to get TuneIn Radio on this thing?
I tried to find it in the Android Market, like I did with my Archos - but only Slacker Radio shows up. If I try to download it from play.google.com/store/apps/ it tells me: "Unknown 760TPC This item is not compatible with your device" I tried using App Brain and it shows up, but when I hit Install it says: The requested item could not be found"

If/when I solve these last issues my IView will be working just the way I want.

Thanks,
Jerry

New Info:
I managed to get TuneIn Radio loaded and working by backing it up on the Arcos with Astro and emailing it to myself. I then logged into my gmail account from the Iview and installed it. Still haven't resolved the USB issue. I can't just try the host cable from the Arcos because it's micro, not mini USB. I might have to buy another one just to find out.

Last edited:

NicksTab

Feb 2, 2012
For those of you with the iView 760TCP who are still following this thread, I came across a thread on another forum with LOTS of great info for upgrading our tablets to Android 4.0.3 ICS. Seems iView has unofficially released ICS for the 760 so the DL link is not on the iView web site but is in the post below. I've downloaded it and installed and it works VERY well. The guy on the other thread even posted a script to improve Market access. Here's the link. ENJOY!

IVIEW 760TPC (AllWinner A10 Tablet) Official Thread

MarcelJV

Jan 25, 2012
I am also curious to know the answer. Does anyone have experience with this? Is there any reason why a USB keyboard would not work?

This tablet is GREAT, by the way. I have been using it daily for about 1 month and have NO complaints.

I tried a regular USB keyboard and it work without me having to do anything but plug it in, using the provided dongle for mini USB to USB. I ordered the case and will let you know if there are issue but I suspect not.

MarcelJV

Jan 25, 2012
Thanks, that did the trick...
There are 2 other things I'm struggling with though:
1. Nothing seems to work through the USB port.
I tried a case with keyboard I use on my Archos 70, and multiple flash drives. It doesn't recognize or mount them at all. I'm wondering if the mini-USB to standard USB host cable that came with it is bad. Has anyone else had trouble using USB devices? If I connect it to the laptop using that cable I am able to mount it as a USB storage device, and can read the files on it.
2. Is there a way to get TuneIn Radio on this thing?
I tried to find it in the Android Market, like I did with my Archos - but only Slacker Radio shows up. If I try to download it from play.google.com/store/apps/ it tells me: "Unknown 760TPC This item is not compatible with your device" I tried using App Brain and it shows up, but when I hit Install it says: The requested item could not be found"

If/when I solve these last issues my IView will be working just the way I want.

Thanks,
Jerry

New Info:
I managed to get TuneIn Radio loaded and working by backing it up on the Arcos with Astro and emailing it to myself. I then logged into my gmail account from the Iview and installed it. Still haven't resolved the USB issue. I can't just try the host cable from the Arcos because it's micro, not mini USB. I might have to buy another one just to find out.

I bought two of these and one of the cables would not work, and the other cable did. The one USB to Mini USB would not allow me to do anything with USB. When I replaced the cable from the other tablet it worked fine. There are two cables, one for hooking to your computer to copy files or charge the device. The other cable is used for mass USB storage devices or keyboards/mouse. I used the later to make keyboard work and access a flash drive.
Check out the link provided by NicksTab. On there is a video to do what you want with USB devices (it is long). You probable will need to order a new cable to validate it is the cable and not the tablet that is the issue.

hawksledge

Mar 10, 2012
I bought two of these and one of the cables would not work, and the other cable did. The one USB to Mini USB would not allow me to do anything with USB. When I replaced the cable from the other tablet it worked fine. There are two cables, one for hooking to your computer to copy files or charge the device. The other cable is used for mass USB storage devices or keyboards/mouse. I used the later to make keyboard work and access a flash drive.
Check out the link provided by NicksTab. On there is a video to do what you want with USB devices (it is long). You probable will need to order a new cable to validate it is the cable and not the tablet that is the issue.

IView sent me out a replacement cable, but it did not help. Either I got a second defective one, or there is something wrong with the tablet. Interestingly, I bought a micro-USB cable and keyboard for my sister's Archos 70 recently that DID prove to be bad. I think I'm going to have to return this unit to Newegg for a replacement, unless someone has another idea/suggestion. Bummer!

Jerry