Anyone own a msi wind?

permaspooked

Apr 10, 2010
So i have decided im gonna make my own tablet. My msi wind u100 is in the mail and on its way to me. I should have it thursday or friday. I was wondering if any other msi wind owners could give me some measurements.

Im currently looking for the measurement of gap from the lcd to the end of the netbook on the left and top side. Any assistance would be apreciated. THANKS.:)

seals81

Apr 22, 2010
This is going to be a big project!

I been thinking about it too. But the problem is, how are you going to reroute the power button? There is someone who did this, but i think he didnt finish. Google around the MSI Wind forums and you should find it. If I remember correctly, he had some measurements done when he began his project.

permaspooked

Apr 10, 2010

Thanks for the support.:D I think im gonna route a diffrent power button onto my custom case.

I also already ordered the acceleraometer im gonna use. My first attempt at plexiglass didnt turn out so good. I think im gonna try again but im gonna have Home Depot cut the plexi for me. I also have a better idea how to build the case.

Im gonna order the touchscreen tomorrow on pay day.

seals81

Apr 22, 2010
where u got the acceleraometer and touchscreen from?

Are you going to remove the battery from its original pack?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions.. probably because my heart is itchy to follow you on this project. hahaha

permaspooked

Apr 10, 2010
where u got the acceleraometer and touchscreen from?

Are you going to remove the battery from its original pack?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions.. probably because my heart is itchy to follow you on this project. hahaha

The touch screen im getting from a user on ebay called fidohub.

The accelerometer i got from here
ActionXL - Products Page

Shows you how to use it here
Mini9 Tablet w/ Accelerometer (w/ video)

Not to sure about the battery. Since i do want to make it as thin as possible there is a good chance i will remove it from the battery casing.

seals81

Apr 22, 2010
oh another question.
are you going to use the tablet just like a slate? or are you going to implement a sliding keyboard?

because you need the function button in order to turn on wifi and stuff. unless you found a way to hack these keys, you need the physical keyboard.

permaspooked

Apr 10, 2010
oh another question.
are you going to use the tablet just like a slate? or are you going to implement a sliding keyboard?

because you need the function button in order to turn on wifi and stuff. unless you found a way to hack these keys, you need the physical keyboard.

I planned on having wifi always on.

The plan is basically to install all my software and drivers including the touch screen while its still a netbook. Then after everything is working put it in the new case.

seals81

Apr 22, 2010
i think u need to have the battery intact as you fit everything in. the last time i took out the battery, everything was turned off. and everytime you use the webcam, you need to turn it on.

permaspooked

Apr 10, 2010
i think u need to have the battery intact as you fit everything in. the last time i took out the battery, everything was turned off. and everytime you use the webcam, you need to turn it on.

Hmmm. Well i dont plan on removing the battery to much. I could always use an external keyboard if i needed to.

seals81

Apr 22, 2010
you cant use a usb keyboard to activate the fn keys bcos they dont exist.. so u need to think about how you can still activate these functions.

i though about making the case extactly lie the netboik now but with the screen facing up. that why you can still use the keyboard to activate the function once in a while.

do you think hour accelator can work on android? check this out

Android x86 review – Runs great on the EEE PC! : Netbook Reviews

permaspooked

Apr 10, 2010
you cant use a usb keyboard to activate the fn keys bcos they dont exist.. so u need to think about how you can still activate these functions.

i though about making the case extactly lie the netboik now but with the screen facing up. that why you can still use the keyboard to activate the function once in a while.

do you think hour accelator can work on android? check this out

Android x86 review – Runs great on the EEE PC! : Netbook Reviews

Most mac keyboards have the Fn;)

Not sure about the android thow.

seals81

Apr 22, 2010
True. But i don't think it works, I read on some forums that the only way to get the FN keys to work without a keyboard is by doing a BIOS mod.