Apad w/ Aluminum Back, Android 2.1, Telechips TCC8902 (StyleFlying T72)

juched

Jul 11, 2010
How do you know this is for the styleflying type firmwares? the thread doesn't indicate that to me. Does this mean our aluminium backed gpads are the new g10?

fun

Aug 19, 2010
How do you know this is for the styleflying type firmwares? the thread doesn't indicate that to me. Does this mean our aluminium backed gpads are the new g10?

I saw "ro.build.display.id=Styleflying Ver.20100920-103110" in build.prop in that firmware.

I can't identify your pads are new G10. if your pads work with firmware for new G10, you may say "my pads seem to be, almost, possibly same as new G10". :)

dmitry

Oct 7, 2010
got such thing. Market does not work (kernet version 2.6.29 #177). Wanted to apply the market fix, appeared that it's not possible to connect to this device via adb. APK installer is not in the list of the applications also. No ability to add apps to this tablet. Need to update firware

tobbyliu

Oct 11, 2010

I think i got this type of pad too, but my pad's g-sensor seems to be wrong, it always turn right when playing games. My pad's ROM info says Ver.2010913, so I want to try the new ROM.

I tried to open the link above
it says:You don't have permission to access /viewthread.php on this server.
could anybody give me a reachable link? thanks a lot!

juched

Jul 11, 2010
2 new firmwares to try for styleflying devices. I haven't tried them yet, and I can't until later.

From 51szb.com (where I got my 1.05 firmware update): APAD_styleflying_0920_??????.rar - 115??U?-????|??????
- I think this fixes the rotational issue?

From Pandawill (these seem to be compatible):
Upgraded firmware for Gpad G10 with built-in 4GB memory - Download Center - Pandawill Forum Powered by our member! - Powered by Discuz!

Let me know what you find!

Also, we may have a 2.2 for styleflying soon: http://apad.gen-x.co.nz/index.php

juched

Jul 11, 2010
Tested, both work fine. from 51szb is Sept 20 date (#225) and the one from panadawill is Oct 15, 2010 (#301). I am sticking with panadawill.

Anyone know what splash.rom is?

phaser59

Nov 12, 2010
Hi guys. Just recieved one of these units myself. It only arrived yesterday and within the first 20 minutes froze then rebooted and then hung
for about 2 minutes. Then it seamed to sort itself out and worked ok for a hour or so as I played/setup the features. I then signed in and went to
go onto the market, was promptly kicked off with a cannot connect to network. When I exited and went to press the icon for market, it said that
it was not installed???? After this all kinds of system hangs and black screens began to happen. left it alone for the night and now
all I get are the two error messages below.

These are the two messages.

1. the process com.google.process.gapps. Has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

2. The process android.acore. Has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

These two messages force the pad into a never ending reboot sequence. I can barely shut it down.
Any ideas people? Is there a safe mode boot up and how can I force it to flash? (if neccessary)

PC is a windows 7 64bit out of interest.

Cheers
Dean

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Wipe data somehow. Or reflash firmware.

I can't really help with this though...

keijames

Dec 10, 2010
1. the process com.google.process.gapps. Has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again
2. The process android.acore. Has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I ALSO RUN INTO above error pop up, after miss arrange with market + MIE installation, anything to do with googles apps.

The resolution are very simple, just flash it again from PC to orginal ROM. All error pop up gone. This device so far not able to connect Market since Nov 2010. Market side blocked ? or you do not have SIM card etc....