apks won't install

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamnesbitt

Jan 23, 2014
hi i have purchased an all winner a13-mid tablet with ice cream sandwich 4.0.1
i originally had problems with driver issues but managed to sort that my self, and and finally got up and running with the 323gb sd card expansion, so it was time to start download apps.
i managed to find a few legitimate sites that provide free apps out side of google play, how ever despite allowing un official apps in settings and down loading the apk files and they initially install correctly.
How ever when you click the icon to run the app, i get error messages saying, "app could not download additional software as you may not have purchased the app" i have tried initially with out rooting then was told it needed to be rooted so i did with the correct os and firm ware for my model and rom version. root went with out a hitch all though i can't find any difference.
i tried the apk files again same problem.
i have seen in some android settings there is a a sub icon saying not to verify licence or app or some such but that is not on my system, all i have is install un official apps which i have ticked.
I've run it in debugging and with out still to no avail. i know the tablet was cheap and wasn't expecting much but now I'm locked to the very few apps on google play which don't have that many rpg games that i can see.
I have tried various downloaders and file managers with no joy, (recommended on here) always resulting in the same problem any help is much appreciated

adam

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
My guess you need to buy the apps, Once you pay for them they should work.
Another ideal is to write the author of the app, I am sure he help you, just show him the error messages you posted here

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

Last edited:

adamnesbitt

Jan 23, 2014
these are free apps some are old dungeon crawlers that are freeware and have been ported for android they are just not on google play, its google play that is giving me the error message but its not google that they are being downloaded from or installed by.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Some apps phone home to see if they're legit. If it's determined the app is not legit, the app will refuse to run or generate an error message similar to what you've described. However, unless the app's source code is released under the GPL or Apache licenses, the only other way to get a paid app for free is to pirate it. For example, FDroid.org has a copy of Autostarts available that was built from source. While the author himself charges for Autostarts on Google Play, since the source code has been released on github, anyone with some basic knowledge of how to use the Android SDK can build a copy of Autostarts for themselves and legally be in the clear.

PM me the link to the site that has these apps. Until you do and until I am satisfied that these are legal to download, the thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.