App Installation Problem

qwed94

Jan 22, 2014
Hello all. This is my first post here, but this seems like the place to ask.
I have only messed with this tablet since Christmas. I do not have a smartphone, so Im still pretty new with it.
It is a Nextbook 7 with Android 4.0 (ICS).

OK In settings/apps it shows that I have 101.X MB of internal storage open, and the external SD card still has 6GB.
Im been trying to download/install an APP that is "supposed" to be 44.3 MB.
After it downloads 100% and tries to install. I get a message that says "insufficent storage"

I guess my question is. Am I reading the info wrong in my settings screen? Is there some problem where the device is not giving up the space to the APP? Of course it could be that the APP is just enormous, (much bigger than advertised).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi qwed, congratulations on your new Nextbook 7 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I've moved your thread to the E Fun Tablets forum for you, where more people with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The problem is common and the resaon simple. The download is in a compressed format, When you attempt to install it the original file is still there but it is trying to expand to the installed size so the 44MB doesn't go away but may be trying to install something that could be much larger than the original file. Also, during the install process it requires some temporary space to perform the install.

You need to find some media, photos, movies,. docs etc to move to the SD card. But don't depend on the SD card for your only spot to store those files. Get a DropBox account as well.

qwed94

Jan 22, 2014
Welcome to the forum

The problem is common and the resaon simple. The download is in a compressed format, When you attempt to install it the original file is still there but it is trying to expand to the installed size so the 44MB doesn't go away but may be trying to install something that could be much larger than the original file. Also, during the install process it requires some temporary space to perform the install.

You need to find some media, photos, movies,. docs etc to move to the SD card. But don't depend on the SD card for your only spot to store those files. Get a DropBox account as well.

Thank you. I do have that dropbox, but never opened the APP yet. I will try that. Thank You again.