Apply a Factory Reset - (Step by Step with Images)

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Okay, has anyone else had problems being able to do the Factory reset after applying the upgrade?

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
Sadly I've tried both methods. Neither work, it just gets to the Sylvania screen, but no animation. As for the the flashing part, my understanding is that I need to know the hwver before I do that. Even there I'm SoL because of the computers I have access to. One is Win7 64-bit, which I've read doesn't work. The other two are WinXP, cept one is work, so that ain't happening, and the home one has something buggy with the USB. Everytime I connect the tab with the OTG, it shuts off the computer. Yeah I know, weird. My luck with computers has gone to **** since I moved to Florida.

So back to the original question, is flashing to 2.2 the only option? or can I hit back 2.1 somehow?
Other question is, doesn't the non-express version have a recovery section? I thought I read it does. One option I'm considering, since there are two local Sears stores nearby, and that sale is still going on, is to get that one, and then just return the tabex7 to the CVS I bought it from.

Why would you want to return to 2.1, there's really no reason.
Since you still have the option to return to CVS, I would say assume the hwver is 11.2.1.5, and flash with beta4, it's very nice, much nicer that what came with it.
If it bricks the tablet return it.
But you will need a stable Windows computer to do it with.

Sufaca

Nov 30, 2011
Hi, please be patient as I am a total newbie to tablets. I bought this second hand. I need to do a factory reset but it just keeps switching on. I get the InfoTMIC screen with the 3 finger method but when I let go and hold the Menu button it just continues on to switching on. What am I doing wrong? I'v tried with the unit switched on and off and I still get the same. I cannot get it to reset.

Please help!

shad0wz

Dec 16, 2011
Hey everyone

first time posting, i know, but i know what im talking about, for the most part anyway. im kinda new to the tablet community

anyway, i have one of the 7" Sylvania tablets that i got from a friend, he unfortunatly didnt have the box for it, and nowhere on it does it say a model number.

when i turn it on it shows the Infotmic logo, then just stops at the orange Sylvania logo and doesnt go any further. i tried the whole 3-button thingy, and it stops at "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD" so i researched for literally hours, found a bunch of the .IUS files and how to burn them to a SD card and all that good stuff, was able to burn any of them to the card under Win7 x64 sucessfully (i think) but anytime id put the card in the tab, it would either end up saying something along the lines of "it isnt the right firmware for the device" or "the update is damaged". now, i understand why it would say that its not the right update since im kinda shooting in the dark with what firmware is on the device, and im aware it could brick it if i burnt the wrong firmware.

I did notice something strange though, i kept on seeing the USB method of burning the firmware to the device, instead of using a SD, which included attaching it to a computer via OGT (correct me if im wrong) port, and not the Host port. The only problem with this is that my tablet has two HOST ports, and no OGT ports, i searched everything i could and couldnt find any other device like that (maybe if someone has one like that, they could provide a model #?) so that kind of dismissed the USB method since i tried multiple times to connect the tab to my laptop with no luck whatsoever, wouldnt even recognize it exists.

So im pretty much stuck, i have no idea what to do with this, im getting frustrated, its going on 7 hours straight of endless reading. i have no idea what version of android was on the device before it bricked (2.1 or 2.2). some kind of help, or even saying "your out of luck, theres literally nothing you can do with it" would be helpful at this time (although if u did say that id like some logical reason why im screwed, not just stating it, lol)

any and all help would be greatly appreciated, im going to head to Sears tomorrow since thats where it was bought and see if i can find the same one there and hopefully match up some model numbers that might help with the dilemma, if anyone is interested ill post back tomorrow night with anything i find.

thanks in advance :)

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
any and all help would be greatly appreciated, im going to head to Sears tomorrow since thats where it was bought and see if i can find the same one there and hopefully match up some model numbers that might help with the dilemma, if anyone is interested ill post back tomorrow night with anything i find.
Sears has been selling the SYNET7LP for the last year of which seem to be Hardware Id "hwver" 11.2.1.8 with two USB ports, however this firmware has caused the most issues with bricking tablets. One option would be to try the beta4 version of this Hardware Id "hwver". The OTG port is the one closest to the mini HDMI port. To connect via PC (Win 32 only drivers) also needs a key pressing to interrupt normal boot sequence. The SD card method using this version has been confirmed to work. But the best option would be to Expert burn on the backup system image SYSBACK - zSYS.img from the InfoTMIC Update Wrap thus eliminating the possibility of burning the incorrect U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" image.

$minHDMI.JPG

Last edited:

shad0wz

Dec 16, 2011
Thank you so much for the quick reply, you saved me a trip all the way across town :)

Ive tried connecting the tab to a desktop running XP 32bit also and still nothing was detected whatsoever, but from what you said it sounds like i can still burn to a SD and get it up and running *crosses fingers*

if possible, could you point me in the direction to the 11.2.1.8 beta4? i can only seem to find the beta3, i might have simply overlooked it (ive done more reading today then i have in the last 6months combined :/ lol)

Also, since it seems that i have no other choice but to go the SD route, that eliminates the option to expert burn, correct? or is there something im not seeing in IUW? (im just trying to cover all my bases)

EDIT: i re-read your post, and you mentioned a key pressing to interrupt the boot to install the drivers on a 32bit machine, may i ask what it is? for future reference, or if the SD doesnt work out for whatever reason

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Ive tried connecting the tab to a desktop running XP 32bit also and still nothing was detected whatsoever, but from what you said it sounds like i can still burn to a SD and get it up and running *crosses fingers*
See the post Update from computer using USB cable and OTG Port as the tablet must be recognized in order to install the proper drivers. It is also posted that a key press combination might be required to interrupt the boot process long enough to load the drivers.

if possible, could you point me in the direction to the 11.2.1.8 beta4? i can only seem to find the beta3, i might have simply overlooked it (ive done more reading today then i have in the last 6months combined :/ lol)
All of the update files url's follow the same pattern and beta4 is still available. Just string together the server/hwver/filename.ius.

Also, since it seems that i have no other choice but to go the SD route, that eliminates the option to expert burn, correct? or is there something im not seeing in IUW? (im just trying to cover all my bases)

EDIT: i re-read your post, and you mentioned a key pressing to interrupt the boot to install the drivers on a 32bit machine, may i ask what it is? for future reference, or if the SD doesnt work out for whatever reason
Can't specifically recall post but a quick search or trial and error.

shad0wz

Dec 16, 2011
Thank you so much for your help, i tried burning it to SD a couple more times under Win7 x64, and although it said it completed, apparently it didnt, so i figured id just give it a shot under XP 32bit just to be sure.

On the first try it didnt take, then when i plugged it back into my desktop it told me to format the SD, so i did and repeated the burn process over again, and to my suprise, it read the update on the tablet, and installed as smooth as can be and is functioning perfectly! i havent noticed any problems so far, no wifi drops or anything.

is it suppose to have android market support? im gonna assume not seeing as it doesnt have it in the app drawer, but that doesnt bother me, im just overjoyed at the fact that its up and running again :D

if it werent for you pointing me in the right direction Cfrockit, id most likely be pulling my hair out by now and wishing the tablet dead, and for that, i thank you, once again :)

ashleys

Dec 26, 2011
PLEASE HELP!!!! im so frustrated. my tablet is stuck on an orange sylvania screen i tried the 3 finger reset i have hit the reset button i let the battery die and then i tried to power it on and nothing will change. can anyone help me and explain if there is a software i can download and connect my tablet to my laptop or anything else i can do to make this work mine came with the 2.2 software on it! i called digital gadget and they either wont answer and wont reply to emails can anyone please help me out!

stingray40

Dec 6, 2011
I have the SYNET7LP-DS model from Sears. Some one wrote on here that you can do a two button reset, the power button and the back button (front, bottom). My tablet began showing 0 internal memory yesterday for no reason. With the unit off, push both buttons for about 3-5 seconds and then wait a message will appear saying push the appropriate buttons again within so many seconds to do reset. I did all of this and it went through all the steps, I recalibrated my screen and still it says 0 memory?? Anyone know what is up. Also it is not reading my SD card any longer.

tirken

Jan 8, 2012
HELLO

Please l need help with my tablet URGENT SYTAB10MTsylvania.Android 2.2 the problem is as follows:

I made a backup to my backup application and I was perfectly all right and from one moment to another restart and from then onno longer enters the system just stays on the logo sylvania and there is no more.

I already gave reset and nothing...searching forums sylvaniare commended the following trick to restore the factory settings using the buttons on-screen menu,and at the same time either.

Some of you know anything I can do to rescue it or format it and where I can download the same operating system ...Is there any manual for it.

I am most gratefulfor the help.

Last edited: